Supersprint
25C / 77F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 03m 54s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Had a bowl of museli and a glass of water in fear that I wasn't hydrated enough. After being completely ambivalent about the race I got really nervous, though the Tris get me worse
Event warmup:

What warm up? Too busy trying to organise my team. Very light stretching.
Run
  • 1h 03m 54s
  • 10 kms
  • 06m 23s  min/km
Comments:

Considering there was very little training done for this distance this time around there was a little trepidation before the start. There was also little motivation for the run initially. This of course changed when the running started. We started at the back amongst lots of walkers and it was a little frustrating passing them all, though kind of good for the confidence as well!!

Ran really comfortably the entire way in terms of HR and breathing. At the 6 km mark I felt as though my tank may be empty but I pushed on. Every time I took water I could taste my museli! I wasn't ready to push at 4km to go, but definitely picked up the pace at the 2km mark. My feet were burning, but I didn't have the blisters developing that I had in the Nike run. Stoked that I beat my previous PB and relieved there was a little improvement! Still plenty of work to do!!
What would you do differently?:

Start closer to the front! Push from 3km. Train for the distance, even though it does fill me with fear.
Post race
Warm down:

Should do some of that. Instantly felt the soreness! Tomorrow should be interesting, hope to get a light swim or spin in to loosen the muscles

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Fear of not making the distance. Afraid I wouldn't be able to breathe (asthma has been pretty active recently)

Event comments:

They need registration the day before, almost 3000 women participated and getting t-shirts and race numbers etc was painful with the long queues

Last updated: 2004-12-05 12:00 AM
Running
01:03:54 | 10 kms | 06m 23s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
In zone 40 min Zone 120 - 180 Avg 177 k/kal 616 % fat 20
Course: Flat course running from Catani gardens to Kerferd Rd, running back to Glenhuntly Rd finishing back at the gardens mainly along the road rather than beach path.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2004-12-05 4:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Subject: Sussan Classic

2004-12-05 4:53 AM
in reply to: #89457

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Subject: RE: Sussan Classic
YAY! Well done - we were both there running and running!
Nice warm day hey! It's interesting what you said about the 6km mark - I had the same experience...
I also agree with the registration being the day before - what a nightmare!
When is your next race?
M
2004-12-05 4:57 AM
in reply to: #89457

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Subject: RE: Sussan Classic
Next race is the mini tri next weekend at Elwood.
I gather you'll be doing the Gatorade???

Looking at the weather forecast though, training might be tough with all the rain that's forecast.
And after such a beautiful day today...
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sussan Classic Rss Feed