Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » i still don't get blogs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-07 10:29 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
ma
Subject: i still don't get blogs
i'm sorry for being so thick. i checked a few threads, but still....i'm not understanding how the blogs work. also, it looks like the "inspire me" replies stay in the person's training "inspire me" of that day pop up window log?

thanks

2004-12-07 11:15 AM
in reply to: #90145

User image

Veteran
Florida!
Subject: RE: i still don't get blogs
have you ever seen a private/regular blog? have any general experience with blogging?

yes, once you've replied (posted to the "inspire me") your reply stays there. the person who you've posted to can reply there, go to your blog to reply, or reply by PM. but the "inspire me" post never moves. you can always go back and see old inspiration, or add new inspiration to a particular day, but the inspiration is always associated with that particular post/day.

does that make sense? am i missing something in your question?

2004-12-07 11:21 AM

User image

Veteran
Florida!
more, because i just looked at your blog....

you can add substance - workout/nutrition information/babble - by clicking on "edit today's log" for the day you want to add information. ONLY YOU CAN SEE THIS IN YOUR BLOG AND ONLY YOU CAN ADD THIS KIND OF INFORMATION TO YOUR BLOG. everyone else can only use the "inspire me" link to post messages to you.

so, in theory, you post your workout/general information by using the "edit today's log" feature, and everyone else responds with "inspiration" for that particular day by clicking on the "inspire me" for that day. each day is treated separately.

does that make sense or am i really just babbling now?
2004-12-07 11:51 AM
in reply to: #90155

User image

Extreme Veteran
ma
debs - 2004-12-07 11:15 AM

have you ever seen a private/regular blog? have any general experience with blogging?

the person who you've posted to can reply there, go to your blog to reply, or reply by PM.

i'm sure it makes sense, just not to me!! i'm sorry for not getting this. no, i don't have any experience with regular blogs. i know of them, and just thought they were another term for a forum. i don't know what you mean by "go to your blog" or what "PM" is. BUT, the good news is, i do now understand the "inspire me". ;-)

2004-12-07 12:18 PM
in reply to: #90162

User image

Veteran
Florida!
nikki - 2004-12-07 11:51 AM

debs - 2004-12-07 11:15 AM

the person who you've posted to can reply there, go to your blog to reply, or reply by PM.

i'm sure it makes sense, just not to me!! i'm sorry for not getting this. no, i don't have any experience with regular blogs. i know of them, and just thought they were another term for a forum. i don't know what you mean by "go to your blog" or what "PM" is. BUT, the good news is, i do now understand the "inspire me". ;-)

okay. first. a PM is a private message. if you click on a user's profile (i.e., if you click on "debs" over to the left there) you can PM someone and at the bottom of each person's post there's a link to PM that person. a private message is private between the two people. to retrieve any private messages that were sent to you, look at the top left of the page in the grey banner where you should see "welcome nikki" and "there are ___ users online" there is also something that says "there are __ messages in your inbox." that's your way to check on private messages.

second, by "go to your blog" i mean click "training log" up in that grey banner toward the top right of the page. "training log" = blog. it is there that you - and only you - can add training/nutritional/etc. information to your training log by clicking the "edit today's log" link.

if you click that link you get a page where you can add all sorts of info. once you are done adding whatever you want to add, you have to use one of the links toward the top of the page (above the blue banner) where it says "save and add to .... calendar ... blog ... etc." if you leave that page any other way, the information will not get saved and added.

it's so much easier to be showing someone in person, but does that make any sense?

and yes, a blog is different from a forum. i actually have two blogs, one for photos and one for daily rambles/vents and such. they are like diaries, that people can comment on, which is why they translate well into the training area. your training log is an online diary to track your progress. every user here has one. you can see another's user's log by going through their profile OR clicking the "logs" icon at the bottom of a person's post.

Edited by debs 2004-12-07 12:22 PM
2004-12-08 2:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
ma
thank you...its not as hazy anymore. thank you for hanging in there with me and explaining!! so my training log is actually my blog. okay..got it. now, what does it mean on the right side where it says "blogged" and has names. it doesn't match up with the people that wrote in my "inspire me" log. so i'm not sure how i "get blogged" or how i "blog' someone else.

yours truly....the thick head nikki

2004-12-08 2:50 PM

User image

Expert
wrightsville beach, North Carolina
I would suggest just jumping into it and see for yourself. Hands on trainning....blog and be blogged......don't sweat the details...inpsire and be inspired....PM and be PM'd.
2004-12-08 2:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
ma
i'll blog ya glen.....i just don't know how!!

2004-12-08 2:56 PM

User image

Expert
wrightsville beach, North Carolina
The blog is your training log. The inspires are....the "blogged". Just reply in the place where you want. If you really want the person to see what your message is or it is more private then PM, otherwise, just drop the note and feel good.
2004-12-08 5:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
ma
ohh......just feel good. okay!!

why do i complicate things so?

2005-01-16 2:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Blaine, MN
blog blog blog blog.... blog blog blog....
rofl
I enter all my information on the daily nutrtition and daily notes (i.e. babble section). I was under the impression if I wanted to show someone else my babbles I simply 'told' them to check out my babble (i.e., blog) and then can puruse the babble at their liesure?
The definition of blog is just web log.... it can be interative communications (e.g., a forum or listserv) or it can be a one way rant/rave on society (e.g. blogspot.com)... almost all blogs now incorporate RSS (allthough this one doesn't... which is odd) and most allow for feedback looping/comments to be posted back to the blogger (the person writing the blog)!!!! Blogs rule the world... l8r

Edited by rabkaman 2005-01-16 2:46 PM

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » i still don't get blogs Rss Feed