General Discussion Triathlon Talk » buying a wetsuit online Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-06 6:32 PM

Regular
Subject: buying a wetsuit online
I'm going to buy a wetsuit, thought about doing it tonight, but after taking a gander online I'm CONFUSED. What do I look for? What are the best web sites? I live in Florida moving to Texas in a year so I'm thinking full sleeve (it's snowing in TX right now).

thanks to all of you folks and your incredible knowledge on such matters.

2008-03-06 7:13 PM
in reply to: #1257507

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal
Subject: RE: buying a wetsuit online
I was going to buy one online, but opted to make it to a triathlon store where I could try wetsuits on.  Glad I did, bought a different suit from the one I had planned to order online.  I'd have been okay with the one I planned to buy initially, but I liked the additional shoulder flexibility in the more expensive wetsuit.  That's my 2 cents, you could get lucky and nail it with your online purchase.  I bought both my road and tri bike via the internet and come out okay.
2008-03-06 8:51 PM

User image

Expert
Spring (Houston), TX

I recently bought an Xterra for my son and a ProMotion for myself. The Xterra was the smallest mens suit I could find (he's 12) in a price I was willing to pay. I'm 5'9" 190# so most mfgs suits don't come close to fitting me. ProMotion had the widest range of sizes, including one that looked like it'd fit me perfectly. I called them and asked about my son first (knowing their charts had nothing for him) and that's exactly what they told me. Sorry, we don't have a suit to fit him. Then I knew I could trust them. I was able to get a suit off of their Damaged rack (huge discount). It had a VERY small tear in the left hip that they'd repaired. I could barely find it. And the suit fits fantastically. I'll do my first swim in it on Sunday.

If you have a tri store near you, contact them. If they don't have a suit that fits, they can most likely get any brand of suit at wholesale, and sell it to you for about what you'd pay online. It's better than guessing if you are unsure. 

2008-03-07 9:38 AM

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm still a hugh 2XU wetsuit fan. They have a great range of sizes, there prices are competitive with all the other brands and I have had great success with fitting people in them. Everyone I have sold one to seems to be extremely happy. I have raced in one of there full sleeves as well as there sleeveless. If you need some help email or pm me. I am pretty good with sizing people - Something else to think about is how much you want to spend on your wetsuit and where you see yourself racing most - this might help with the full/sleeve vs sleeveless debate.

Renee
2008-03-07 9:55 AM

User image

Elite
I have almost bought them on a few times, I just fit awkwardly into the sizing charts.
2008-03-07 10:20 AM

User image

Veteran
Plano, Texas
I recently bought a QROO HydroFull from www.tribonzai.com for $250 (normaly $400). Great deal and very happy with it.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » buying a wetsuit online Rss Feed