General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello - I am just getting started Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-13 4:20 PM

Subject: Hello - I am just getting started
Well I am defiently new here. I am excited to say that I will be competing in the St. Anthony Tri on St. Petersburg FL. I have been working out but I need to step it up. I have been reading a lot of the informatio on this site to better help myself train. I think I am going to use the 16 week Olympic - 3x Balanced workout. It seems to be the most appropriate. If you have any suggetions please pass them along. I have a background in gymnastics and track but I was a sprinter. I never ran long distances. I am also a certified scuba diver but I am not experienced in distance swimming. Right now I seem to be having the most difficulty in my flexibility. When I run my calfs get very sore. I have been taking it easy and stretching very well everytime I work out. I am in great shape right now but I do not have the endurance yet. I will take any advise. Thanks,

Lori

2004-12-13 4:33 PM
in reply to: #92079

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Hello - I am just getting started
Welcome to BT and good luck training for St. A's!  consider yoga for your stiffness - I have the same problem with my calves - yoga helps!
2004-12-13 10:54 PM
in reply to: #92079

User image

Master
Plant City, FL
Subject: RE: Hello - I am just getting started

Welcome Lori!!   There are a lot of us doing St. Anthony's around here.  It's going to be a HUGE BT party!!!  :-)

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello - I am just getting started Rss Feed