General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pedalin' for a Cure Cancer Ride Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-25 8:41 AM

Alabama
Subject: Pedalin' for a Cure Cancer Ride
Just wanted to give props to City of Monroeville for Pedalin' for a Cure.  Over 300 riders participated in the 92-mile ride from Monroeville to Battleship Park in Mobile.  Better yet, over $163,000 was raised in the fight against cancer.  I urge any of you to participate next year on Good Friday, April 10th.  It's a great cause and a great training (varied terrain of flats and hills).  There were many triathlets from the Mobile and Pensacola areas in this year's ride.  Hopefully we'll see more of you next year.

2008-03-26 3:54 PM
in reply to: #1291553

User image

Extreme Veteran
Really South
Subject: RE: Pedalin' for a Cure Cancer Ride
Several of my buddies from Mobile did this ride and loved it. It will definitely go on my 2009 calendar. I really hate I missed it this year.

From what I understand I need to work on hill work. Apparently it is somewhat hilly. However, there was a guy that rode the whole ride with one leg.....not one leg and a prothesis BUT one leg. What a hero!!!
2008-03-26 10:25 PM
in reply to: #1295783

Alabama

You are correct and I rode with him for about 8 miles - what guts!  Three or four cranks and rest, three or four cranks and rest for the entire 92 miles.  I don't see how he did it but I DO admire him for it.

I agree with the hill training.  Miles 50-70 are pretty tough (Tensaw to the Cross Roads on Hwy 59 & 225), especially on a FS Mtn bike.  That will not happen again.  I'm looking for a tri bike now so I can get with a real program.

Hopefully, I'll run into you before next year but if not I'll see you April 10th, 2009.

2008-06-02 1:09 AM
in reply to: #1291553

User image

Mobile, AL

Peddlin for a Cure was a great ride this year... and the jersey is cool to.  It's the one on my profile picture. 

Yah.. I got passed by that guy with one leg.  What a champion!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pedalin' for a Cure Cancer Ride Rss Feed