General Discussion Triathlon Talk » suggestions for in-state nutritionist?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-28 8:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lapel
Subject: suggestions for in-state nutritionist??
in particular I am seeking a recommendation for a registered dietician/sports nutritionist that someone is, or has been, using with positive/improved-self results.

I'd like to find someone that does face to face consultations and preferably has been working with varying athletic age groups for a significant amount of time. (i.e. no grad students, 1st year dieticians)

In or around Indy/Muncie/Ft. Wayne would be ideal, but I'll go anywhere in state.
thanks in advance.

2008-03-28 2:09 PM
in reply to: #1299297

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
Subject: RE: suggestions for in-state nutritionist??
I just had a face to face consultation with Heather Fink at NIFS. It is in Indy. Not only does she have the requisites you are looking for, she is also a triathlete. I really like her approach to nutrition. I went with her because she wouldn't have me living on tofu and soy.

She has the credentials, and is very nice. I met with her to go over race nutrition for Steelhead. Now I will practice what she outlined for me, then we will meet again to see if we need to make any changes. I would like to have her help me with meal planning, but I have to find it in my budget first.

I am gathering sweat rate data currently so she can work up a race day plan. We worked up the initial plan based on data I had collected so far. As soon as it gets hot(if it ever does) I will gather sweat rate again to see if it changes.

She can also work with you over the phone, though I like the personal meetings better.

You can reach her at: [email protected]

Tell her I sent you. Not that it will get you or I anything, but I am in sales and word of mouth references are nice to get. If you need more info, let me know. I think I have my e-mail set up on this website.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » suggestions for in-state nutritionist?? Rss Feed