General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri wear for us big athletes, custom stuff Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-31 11:08 AM

User image

Elite
Venture Industries,
Subject: Tri wear for us big athletes, custom stuff

OK, as most of us have experienced getting comfortable well fitting tri wear can be difficult for us Clydesdales.

I love bibs for cycling, but the notion of wearing a tri suit for a race is horrifying to me because...well frankly I'd look like 250 pounds of bubble gum stuffed in a 150 pound weight limit sack.  I like wearing a baggier shirt on the bike/run legs.

To that end I was always looking for a "tri-bib".  DeSoto makes one but doesn't make it in XXL.

I contacted aerotechdesigns to see if they could put a tri pad in their cycling bibs.   Much to my surprise they were thrilled with the idea.  Since their stuff is made on premises Cathy the owner said that I could order a cycling bib in my size and in the comments section just put a note to Cathy that you want a tri crotch pad instead of the cycling pad.

I'm going to order one today, and I'll update how it works out.  I'm actually pretty excited about the prospect of actually being comfrotable during a race.  No more tugging and pulling at the waist of my tri shorts.

So right now props to aerotechdesigns.

2008-03-31 12:54 PM
in reply to: #1304754

User image

Baton Rouge
Subject: RE: Tri wear for us big athletes, custom stuff
out of curiosity, what do you plan on doing as far as the swim goes (wear that is)?
2008-03-31 6:41 PM
in reply to: #1305176

User image

Elite
Venture Industries,
Subject: RE: Tri wear for us big athletes, custom stuff

Lance26.2 - 2008-03-31 1:54 PM out of curiosity, what do you plan on doing as far as the swim goes (wear that is)?

the aerotech bib's seem to have a pretty high back.  It looks as if the shoulder straps should stay in place during the swim, so  I'm thinking it will work during the swim.  I don't see much difference between some other company's (Not naming out of respect) tri bibs and this one.  I've always wanted to try a tri-bib but only one company makes them and not in my size.

My plan is to order one. Try it out in the pool see how it reacts/works.

I'm ordering one tonight, I'll report on how it works out for me.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri wear for us big athletes, custom stuff Rss Feed