General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Rookie Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-18 11:08 PM

Subject: Rookie
Greetings from Minnesota. I have completed 2 triathlons in 2004 and am ADDICTED. My first was a quant little one in West Salem, WI where my main goal was just to end up vertical at the end. Mission accomplished! I then took on the Reebok Women's Triathlon Series in Naperville, IL. I did little training for both and want to actually get my bum in shape for next year's tri season so if anyone out there is willing to drop some tips my way, I would be so appreciative.
I have a swimming background and have got the biking down, I just need a little help in the running!
ICK.........I hate running!
Next year's plan.............Reebok Women's Triathlon Series...........Naperville, IL and Seattle, WA! WAHOO!!!!! Triathloning equates to the pringle affection of a couch potato.......once you pop (aka the gun/horn sounds) you can't stop!

2004-12-19 8:12 AM
in reply to: #94110

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Rookie
Welcome to BT!  Sounds like your first season was fun!  Good luck with the next one
2004-12-19 4:06 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Welcome to the site! You're in the right place for tips....
lets see- be careful with this addiction.... you don't want to end up hurting yourself. Listen to your body... there's good pain and bad pain. Rest days are essential- know when to take them and not feel bad about taking them.

Oh, this could be endless... sorry, I have no magic tip for making you love running. I guess that comes with time and effort.... and who knows the cool blogs may help with this too.

lots of luck and keep us posted with your progress! :0)
2004-12-20 12:02 AM

User image

Champion
Gold member

welcome...running will come...when i started running i hated every minute and mentally kept asking myself 'why am i punishing myself' around the halfway mark...those thoughts/feelings leave...just keep at it.

good luck in the reebok womens tri series.

2004-12-20 10:36 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Hi there, and welcome to the site! I am also in MN, living in Hastings and working in St. Paul. What part of the state are you in? I'm in the same boat as you with the good swimming, ok biking, and uh, my less than wonderful running. Good luck with your training!

Kelly
2004-12-20 10:39 AM
in reply to: #94392

Hi Kelly. I am in Winona. I work at the university and really enjoy triathlons, the run just kills me usually! Have you done the Lifetime Fitness one in the cities? If so, how did you like it? I've thought about that one before.

Take care,
Mic Nauman

2004-12-20 10:54 AM
in reply to: #94393

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Hi again,

Yes, I did do the Lifetime race (sprint) last summer and it was fun, but I probably will only do it every other year or so. It's great watching the pros, and it a nice fast race, but it's expensive ($140, I believe), you have to pick up your race packet in Mpls in person the day before the race (which for me was VERY inconvenient), and in my case I had to kill about 3.5 hours waiting for my start because there are so many people. I did like the race, and it was fun, but I won't do it every year.

I also did the Buffalo Tri, Lake Waconia Tri, and St. Croix Valley Tri races last year. The Lake Wac. and St. Croix races were relays with my husband. I swam and biked, and he ran! That's one way to avoid the hellish run!

Kelly
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Rookie Rss Feed