General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training with an ankle sprain/ chipped bone :( Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-20 6:23 PM

User image

Regular
Toronto
Subject: Training with an ankle sprain/ chipped bone :(
Unfortunately I really would love an answer to the question. I fell on/off a sidewalk and chipped a bone in my ankle - not too bad - just a little piece My ankle is less swollen (it happened Friday) but there is tonne of a bruising, so I am still on RICE and anti-inflammatories. I was planning on running over the holidays (I am going to small town Nove Scotia, no gym), so I have accepted a 10 day hiatus with only core body strength (as I can keep ankle elevated). My thought is I would try to start swimming when I get back. I can weight bear (a little)

Thanks for any advice. Jen

2004-12-21 12:15 AM
in reply to: #94619

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Subject: RE: Training with an ankle sprain/ chipped bone :(
eeek, i'm sorry to hear this. how bad is the sprain? if you ended up with a chipped bone, must have been closer to a third degree sprain. and if that's the case, then those suckers can take up to three full months to heal.

I HOPE, that this isn't the case and that you'll be back to training in no time. till then, the pool will be your good friend.

lots of luck with your recovery! :0)

Milly
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training with an ankle sprain/ chipped bone :( Rss Feed