General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Speed work on my rest day! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-20 6:27 PM

Tampa, FL
Subject: Speed work on my rest day!
Wow! I did speedwork on my rest day! Why you ask? Well I'll tell you. . .

I was headed to WalMart and pulled into this spot after a lady took an insane amount of time to buckle up and get situated and out of the space. Well, as soon as I pulled in I saw her purse on the side of the parking space. I jumped out of my car and grabbed the purse and started off. There were already too many cars around me to try to drive to her. It was hilarious. I was hopping around trying to see which way she was going. I saw that she was headed for the north stop sign so off I went hauling heinie for the stop sign. It was comical. I was running through the busy lot with this lady's purse in my hand, hoping not to get tackled by someone thinking I stole it from someone and trying not to get hit by a car in the process. Did some jumping and skipping intervals as I went over curbs and bushes. I caught her as she was rolling through the stop and she saw me and her jaw dropped. She asked me where I found her purse and I told her. About the time I handed it to her I remembered that my car was unlocked and my bike was in the back. She said something and I just yelled "no problem" and hauled heinie back to my car. Then it got really funny. I heard clapping! A few people figured out what happened and were clapping as I went back to my car. I got back there and locked everything up and one of the managers, who was in the lot, ran up and thanked me and said it was really nice. A few others said some nice things as I went into the store.

I had a really difficult run yesterday, and luckily I didn't pull or hurt anything that I can tell yet. It was quite a little sprint.

• . .and that's why I did speed work on my rest day!

• 2004-12-20 6:34 PM
    in reply to: #94621

User image

Pro
    Broomfield, Colorado
    Subject: RE: Speed work on my rest day!
    Cool story - you're good!  It's cool that people clapped for you too! 
    2004-12-21 10:24 AM

User image

Elite Veteran
    Smyrna, Georgia

ROCK ON!  That's so nice of you.  I'm sure the lady would have freaked when she reached her next destination.

BTW, you have earned yourself a new rest day today, buddy!

2004-12-21 10:34 AM

User image

Veteran
    San Antonio, Texas
    That is great...what a good samaritan!

Bryan
    2004-12-21 10:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran