General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: 2008 specialized transition pro Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2008-04-14 3:08 PM

User image

Master
Subject: FS: 2008 specialized transition pro
Ok, so here is the deal. I purchased most of this bike last year under the impression it would arrive in December. When I was told that it would not arrive until May, I went ahead and bought a P2C instead of playing the waiting game. I have trained on the P2C all winter and still do. Now with a race this weekend, I have decided that I do not want to switch bikes and will therefore continue to use the P2C. I have not ridden the Transition, and it has been custom built from the ground up. I am selling it because I have too many bikes and I think this would be by far the easiest to get rid of as I know many of you are waiting for your Transition to arrive or chose not to purchase one because of the production delay. Now I realize this will stir up a slew of questions and I am hoping that I can answer them right now and save myself from a lot of emails.

1. The bike is brand new, never ridden and it has never even been out of the bike shop.

2. I will also throw in a Cateye Strada Wireless computer at no additional cost (also new in the box).

3. I will not include any cleats for the pedals; the buyer is responsible to purchase their own.

4. If you are serious, please email me with questions; I will respond as quickly as I can.

5. Shipping: we can work something out. I work for one of the airlines and can get discounted shipping from two carriers, which I will pass on to you.

6. I do not want to trade for anything. I have a stable of bicycles and really did not need this one to begin with.

7. The attached pictures were taken at different stages of the build. The crank literally came in Monday and has yet to be installed. Once I receive pictures of the bike with the crank installed, I will post them.

I am asking 5700.00 for this, I am not flexible with the price at all and I am not interested in parting out so please do not ask. After the build cost, I am actually losing money. So for everyone out there that is currently waiting on one, now is your chance to have one by next weekend .

Here is the breakdown of the parts:

2008 Specialized Transtion Pro - Large
Cassette (SRAM OG-1070 11-23)
Chain (SRAM 1090)
Crankset (BB Included FSA Neo-Pro 172.5 54/42 Chain rings.)
Front Derailleur (SRAM Red)
Rear Derailleur (SRAM Red)
Bar Tape (Black Specialized S Logo)
Shifters (SRAM Carbon)
Break levers (SRAM Carbon)
Wheels (Mavic Aksium Black)
Base Bar (Profile Cobra Base Bar Carbon)
Aero Bar (Profile T2 Cobra Carbon)
Speedplay Zero Stainless (Black)
Saddle (Specialized Toupe Team Saddle)

Edited by jhouse4 2008-04-14 3:17 PM

(04-07-08_1335.jpg)

(03-17-08_1218.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
04-07-08_1335.jpg (36KB - 28 downloads)
03-17-08_1218.jpg (45KB - 24 downloads)

2008-04-18 7:53 PM
in reply to: #1337229

Subject: RE: FS: 2008 specialized transition pro
If anyone wants a transition this is the only place you'll ever see one, the dealer called Specialized today, they can't fill the orders they have, they've discontinued making just framesets and won't even fill back orders for the ones that they have. Never again will i buy a Specialized product.
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: 2008 specialized transition pro Rss Feed