General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMCDA Travel Anxiety.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-16 7:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: IMCDA Travel Anxiety....
OK, I know I'm not supposed to worry about the stuff I cannot control but.......all of this airline BS has me really puckered! I'm scheduled to fly out to Spokane via Northwest on Thursday the 19th. Flight is scheduled to get in around noon which would allow me time to stop by and pick up my packet on the way to our rental house if things were on time and all day Friday if flights were a bit late, etc. Between FAA mandated inspections stranding tens of thousands and merger mania (will NW keep their flight schedules as-is if the deal does indeed go thru???), all of these "what if" questions are starting to creep into the back of my mind! ACK!!!

2008-04-16 10:45 PM
in reply to: #1343411

Albuquerque, NM
Subject: RE: IMCDA Travel Anxiety....
I wouldn't worry about it to much and the airline industry should have all these inspections done or they're going to lose a lot of money!  You've left yourself plenty of time if any delays occur.  Where are you coming from?  I'll be flying on Southwest and I'll be flying into Spokane Thursday evening, and I'm planning on picking up my packet on Friday anyway.

2008-04-17 7:56 AM

User image

Master
Tiger's Den

I'm also flying in on Northwest. 7 adults- 5 from one location and 2 from another joining up at one of the layovers, so I understand your concern. Luckily we are flying in on Wed night, so there's plenty of time for screw ups.

I did hear, however, that the airlines are going to operated independently, normal business, for 6 months, so I think we are fine. Plus, it's going to take a while before the FTC approves the merger (I think this is what I heard on Fox news)

2008-04-18 10:52 AM

User image

Expert
San Antonio, TX
I've bought my tickets on Travelocity as I usually do and I have gotten at least 15 changes/updates to my reservation since I made them.  Was freaking me out now I'm just putting all the notices in a folder an will look at it two weeks out and see when and where I need to be.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMCDA Travel Anxiety.... Rss Feed