General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ladies..Has this happened to you? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-17 7:06 PM

Subject: Ladies..Has this happened to you?
Hello everyone!

I am trying to get some advise from some of the ladies around the forum's to see if any have experienced any spotting/bleeding after a workout? Today, I did a walk/run as I am doing the couch to 5k agressive workout then after that I went downstairs and rode our bike for 45 mins. After my workout today, I had some spotting after and it is not even close to my time of month.

After thinking about it today and talking with my husband, I seem to have this issue if my heart rate is higher than other days. Is this common or is this something I need to be concerned with? I have had this happen before but it has been a while since this has happened to me.

If any of you ladies have experienced this or have suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I can say that I am anemic and also have a thryoid problem so I am not sure if this is related to those health issues or not.

Thanks!

Spring

2008-04-17 7:21 PM
in reply to: #1345934

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Subject: RE: Ladies..Has this happened to you?

Angel76 - 2008-04-18 3:06 AM Hello everyone! I am trying to get some advise from some of the ladies around the forum's to see if any have experienced any spotting/bleeding after a workout? Today, I did a walk/run as I am doing the couch to 5k agressive workout then after that I went downstairs and rode our bike for 45 mins. After my workout today, I had some spotting after and it is not even close to my time of month. After thinking about it today and talking with my husband, I seem to have this issue if my heart rate is higher than other days. Is this common or is this something I need to be concerned with? I have had this happen before but it has been a while since this has happened to me. If any of you ladies have experienced this or have suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I can say that I am anemic and also have a thryoid problem so I am not sure if this is related to those health issues or not. Thanks! Spring

Are you ovulating?  I've had spotting during/after heavy workouts when I'm ovulating....

2008-04-18 12:54 PM

User image

Master
I'd guess the same - you're ovulating
2008-04-22 7:38 PM

Thanks!! I never really thought of that to be honest and now that you say that I am thinking that could be it.

Spring
2008-04-22 9:06 PM

User image

Expert
Muncie, IN
You might need to take an iron supplement.  Took care of my issue.  I started taking a multivitamin with iron.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ladies..Has this happened to you? Rss Feed