General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Injured but still going.. and going and going! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-20 7:50 PM

User image

NYC, NY
Subject: Injured but still going.. and going and going!

Hello. My name is Jessica and I am new to this site. I learned about it at the multisport expo last month in cambridge, MA.

I am relatively new to the sport of triathlon. I started running after a dare from a work collegue. I ended up loving it. The summer was coming to an end and I knew that in the winter months i was likely going to stay indoors and lose the endurance I had gained. So I decided to join an organized group to help motivate me to continue running through the summer and have the coaching. I went to a meeting to sign up for a half marathon and was pulled into joining a triathlon. I completed my first Tri last april (olympic) despite injury and feel in love.

However, I lost my season to this injury and have been battling both knee and shin splint issues ever since. The new season is upon us....

Im excited but worried.....

This year:

St Anthony's (olympic)

Capital of Texas (olympic)

Westchester (Swim- as relay team) (olympic)

Montauk Half IM (Swim- as relay team)

2008-04-21 3:15 PM
in reply to: #1350263

User image

Elite
Athens, Georgia
Subject: RE: Injured but still going.. and going and going!
Wow that is a great race schedule. Good luck but be carefull not to over do it with injuries. Sitting out a little now could be far less painfull than having to sit an extended time after injuring yourself worse. Welcom to BT you will love it here.
2008-04-22 3:38 AM

User image

Expert
Long Island NY
Get well soon and Good Luck
2008-04-30 11:23 AM

User image

NYC, NY

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I just got back from St. Petersberg, FL where I competed in the St. Anthony's Triathlon for the second year in a row. The heat took a told but I PR'd by 13 minutes. I came in at 3:13. Now that my injuries are slowly subsiding, I am hoping to to be able to trainer harder and bring it closer to 3 hours over the next few races.

Onward and Upward and sometimes Sideways!!!! Smile

2008-04-30 12:22 PM

User image

Expert

Welcome to the site and great job! It looks like you have a good schedule planned out. There are all types out here including others battling your same injury. In the forum section there is a forum or injuries so you might want to check it out.

Good luck!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Injured but still going.. and going and going! Rss Feed