General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silver Vs Gold Plan - Personal Thoughts/Experiences? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-02 9:24 AM

Subject: Silver Vs Gold Plan - Personal Thoughts/Experiences?

So going off of my previous thread, and since my previous bronze membership expired, it seems like the time to upgrade. Question is, to which do I upgrade? I know there is the comparison on this site, which I have looked at, but I want people's personal input. Doesn't seem like there are many gold members, and that could very well be because at that point, most people just pony up the cash for a real-life coach. However, that's not an option for me, and as Bear pointed out, $12 a month is WAY better than $150/200+ (this is DC, they're pricey around here, from what I've seen). Thoughts, experiences with the silver/gold plans? TIA.

2008-05-02 9:36 AM
in reply to: #1377583

User image

Veteran
Sterling, VA
Subject: RE: Silver Vs Gold Plan - Personal Thoughts/Experiences?
I just upgraded from Silver to Gold, so I will let you know how it pans out for me.
2008-05-02 9:40 AM
in reply to: #1377618

User image

Champion
the colony texas

Gold is first place
Silver is second place

I like the Gold. I don't ask a lot of quesiton but I ask enough of ones that are important to me to justify the cost. 

2008-05-02 9:56 AM

User image

Boulder, Colorado
wurkit_gurl - 2008-05-02 8:24 AM

So going off of my previous thread, and since my previous bronze membership expired, it seems like the time to upgrade. Question is, to which do I upgrade? I know there is the comparison on this site, which I have looked at, but I want people's personal input. Doesn't seem like there are many gold members, and that could very well be because at that point, most people just pony up the cash for a real-life coach. However, that's not an option for me, and as Bear pointed out, $12 a month is WAY better than $150/200+ (this is DC, they're pricey around here, from what I've seen). Thoughts, experiences with the silver/gold plans? TIA.

Hi!
I would say it depends on what you are looking for. If you want more advanced plans AND answers to questions about the plans, your training, moving workouts around when you have to, etc. then the GOLD is where you want to go. If you don't need questions answered and if you can get along with following a plan without any interuptions, then maybe Silver is the way to go. Mostly it 'depends'.

I think we help people on the Gold forum most of all when they get into a bind and are unsure how to move a workout around or how hard they should be training. It amazes me that some athletes still use the 220-age method to determine HR Zones. But they do and we are here to help them get faster by using accurate and proven training methods. In 20 years of coaching, no one I have coached has gotten slower .

For the record there are over 400 Gold Members on this site - that may not seem like a lot, but its all relative.

If I were a marketing genius (but I am not) I would say, "We do limit the number of Gold Members to ensure that the athletes get quick and accurate feedback. I think there are only 15 slots left for Gold for 2008. So, if you are going to join you might want to do so today. " - but that wouldn't be true. :-)

Good luck with your decision!

2008-05-02 12:44 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silver Vs Gold Plan - Personal Thoughts/Experiences? Rss Feed