http://www.skirtchaser5k.com/raleigh/
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 28m 50s
Overall Rank = 233/425
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

This is the first race I've run that starts in the evening.
Brad, Tim, Laura and I arrived at the race start about an hour ahead of time. We sat in the shade under the tent. The weather was warm, but OK in the shade. Drank some water, stretched and hung out waiting for the race to begin.
Event warmup:

No real warm up...It was pretty warm so I lined up about 1/4 back from the start. It was chip timing so I wasn't too concerned.
Run
  • 28m 50s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

I didn't carry my running waterbottle as I figured it was "just a 5K". While they had water on the course, my mouth was dry within the first few minutes. The way out was uphill and I pushed it way to hard. The first guy caught me within the first 6 minutes of my race. Brad caught me at around 12 minutes or so. I didn't run with the Garmin and there were no mile markers so I didn't know my pace. My stomach started to feel upset and got pretty bad by the time Brad passed me. I actually thought about walking, but decided to just slow down my pace and plod along. Tim caught me when I was feeling pretty bad and I didn't really have the energy to even yell for him as he passed me. I think it was a mix of the heat, going out too fast and a lack of water which caused my stomach ache. I felt better after backing off the pace and enjoyed the downhill.
There was a slight uphill at the end before a good, short downhill to the finish. Had a good kick at the end to finish strong.
What would you do differently?:

Carry my own water, not go out so fast and run with my Garmin.
Post race
Warm down:

Was handed my bottle of water from Nicole DeBooom...pretty cool!
Grabbed Tim, Brad and Laura and found some shade. We returned to the hotel to shower and return for the post-race party.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Heat, going out to fast and lack of water.

Event comments:

Great 5K I will definately do again! The idea of the skirt chaser is very fun! The event was well run with plenty of volunteers. Your registration also included entry to the post race party...free pizza, beer, cookies, candy, soda, etc. There was also live bands and drawings.
My only con would be there weren't mile markers. Not that big of a deal though.
A great race overall!!

Last updated: 2008-02-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:28:50 | 03.11 miles | 09m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 233/425
Performance: Average
Course: Course started off of Glenwood, went out into neighborhoods, did a loop and returned past NC State. Uphill on the way out and downhill on the way back. The women start at 5pm and the guys, the skirt chasers, start 3 minutes later.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-05-04 6:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Reston
Subject: Skirt Chaser 5K

2008-05-04 8:44 PM
in reply to: #1380917

User image

Expert
Herndon VA
Subject: RE: Skirt Chaser 5K

You guys do all the cool races.  It sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun.  You didn't give a report on the post race party.

Ernie 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Skirt Chaser 5K Rss Feed