General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Carpooling to events? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-05 10:00 AM

Veteran
Charleston, SC
Subject: Carpooling to events?
Hello fellow South Carolinians. Given the fact that gas in our fair state is now hovering around $3.50 a gallon, it is becoming just as expensive to drive to events as it does to enter. I feel bad because I typically go to triathlons by myself since my friends are more interested in getting trashed than getting in shape. I also often see other triatletes arriving at events alone. I was wondering if people would be interested in using this thread as a way to organize carpooling to events, whether the morning of the event or the night before where people can try to find rooms in the same hotel. If anyone is interested I will start:

I am travelling to the Festival of Flowers (6/7-6/8) and am able to fit one more bike on my rack. I am in the Charleston area so if anyone in the Charleston/Beaufort/Summerville area wants to carpool, I would only ask for 1/2 the gas round trip. Either pm me or post on here if interested.

2008-05-05 10:39 AM
in reply to: #1381929

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pelzer, SC
Subject: RE: Carpooling to events?
This is a great idea... too bad any time I travel to an event, My vehicle will be filled with me, gear, and the Fam.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Carpooling to events? Rss Feed