Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Exporting BT training plan to CSV for editing... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-05 7:14 PM

User image

Regular
New York City
Subject: Exporting BT training plan to CSV for editing...
Hi,

I'm trying to export a BT training plan to Excel so that I can edit it and then upload it back to BT. The problem I am having is that when I open the BT CSV file into Excel I can't seem to get the "comments" fields to delimit properly and they all seem to create a new row which of course screws up the plan. I am basically using comma delimited with "" for text. It shouldn't make a difference, but I'm doing this on a Mac.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Phil.

2008-05-06 9:14 AM
in reply to: #1383447

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Exporting BT training plan to CSV for editing...

I just tried this on a plan taken from my planned training, on my PC using Excel, the comments field DOES have certain characters to preserve the formatting (separate lines and carriage returns).

Thought this should not be creating 'extra rows'.  When you click on a comments field, it will only expand to show you the comments.  Are you saying that when you do this it is creating 'extra' rows?

Attach a screenshot if you can.

2008-05-06 11:07 AM
in reply to: #1383447

User image

Regular
New York City
Subject: RE: Exporting BT training plan to CSV for editing...
I just had a go with a PC and it worked fine. Gone back to the Mac and had another go at importing. This looks like it may well be another issue with Office 2008. I was importing the CSV file into Excel rather than opening it (I don't think this is even an option on the PC version of Excel). I had a go at simply opening the CSV file and everything was delimited fine. Apologies I should have tried this before posting, but had assumed that importing the CSV file via the CSV wizard should have worked fine.

Many thanks for the quick response,

Phil.
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Exporting BT training plan to CSV for editing... Rss Feed