General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: 55cm Carbon Fiber Tri Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2008-05-08 5:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Overland Park, KS
Subject: FS: 55cm Carbon Fiber Tri Bike

I am selling this super fast full carbon fiber 55 cm TT/Tri bike designed with features and benefits that truly result in faster racing times. I raced the bike for 1 race all of last season and put approximately 275 miles on the frame (ITB issues). I am very pleased with the responsiveness and transfer of power, but I have the opportunity to buy a P3 and need to sell. I purchased the frame directly from the Manufacturer and therefore it has the unique look of a full carbon fiber bike without any stickers or decals. You can find additional information concerning this frame since it is very similar if not exactly like the frame used on the Xlab Avenger TT bike and the Beyond Fabrications Blink Carbon Time Trial Bike. This bike is sold with many new or almost new components.

With over 90% of your energy on your bike going into aerodynamic drag, this carbon fiber frame is focused on every aspect of the bike that could reduce the drag. Check out the design features that make this bike fast on the race course; such as fast shifting with unique chainstay routing and efficient use of your power achieved through a special oval toptube and huge stays and a super stiff bottom bracket.

Features:

1. Super-Shift System - Faster shifting due to unique chainstay routing of rear derailleur cable, resulting in a smaller bend radius for the rear shift cable housing.

2. Wind Shadow - Rear wheel cutout improves aerodynamics resulting in less drag and faster times.

3. Mega-Mono Stay - Rear mono-stay shielded from the wind, minimizing frontal area and resulting in less drag.

4. Dual Entry Headtube - Minimizes exposed cable housing and reduces aerodynamic drag.

5. Assymetrical Full Carbon Aero Fork - Flat inner surface minimizes interference drag.

6. Oval Lateral Stiffness - Less flex due to a horizontally ovalized top tube that gives incredible lateral stiffness and improved power transfer without sacrificing comfort.

7. Power Stays - Transfer more of your power to the rear wheel due to oversized chainstays.

8. Carbon Aero Seatpost - Low drag and fully adjustable for optimum saddle position.

9. Quick Change Vertical Dropouts - Used on more race bikes than any other dropout design. Easy to use by enthusiast or pro.

10. Aero Cockpit – Vision Sizemore stem, base bar, and aero bar.

11. Wheels – Shimano WH-R500 Wheels (less than 100 miles) and New Vittoria Diamante Pro Light Tires. Shimano Wheels and Vittoria tires pictured separately. (Bike pictured with Edge race wheels, Continental Tubular Tires, and Cassette not included in this sale)

Shimano Ultegra 10 Speed:

• Frame – 55 cm Carbon TT Frame (approximately 350 miles). Durable Polyurethane Finish - Baked on to provide the utmost protection for the carbon.

• Fork – Carbon Fork. Flat inner surface minimizes interference drag.

• Seat Post - Carbon Aero Seatpost.

• Rear Der - Shimano Ultegra 9 Speed

• Front Der - Shimano Ultegra 9 Speed

• Head Set - Edge 1 1/8”

• Brake Caliper - Shimano Ultegra

• Brake Lever - Tektro Carbon Levers

• Shifter Lever - Shimano Ultegra 9 Speed

• Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 11-23 9 Speed

• Chain - Shimano Ultegra 9 Speed - less than 200 miles

• Cranks – Shimano Ultegra - less than 200 miles

• Bottom Bracket – Shimano Ultegra

• Base Bar/ Aero Bar – Blackwell Research Blackbird Proto 40 cm width Alloy Time Trail Base Bar

• Wheels – Neuvation m28 aero's

• Tires – CST Czar's

• Saddle – Profile Design Tri-Stryke

Frame Geometry

• Top Tube Length (cm) – 55

• Seat Tube Angle – 76.0

• Head Tube Angle 73.0

• Head Tube Length (mm) – 105

I can sell w/out the wheels if wanted. Disc cover is not included, neither are the shoes or pedals, or bike computer.

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THIS LISTING AT ANY TIME.

THIS ITEM IS ALSO OFFERED FOR SALE WHITHIN THE CLUB, AND LOCALLY.

Price is $1850

SHIPPING TO US AND CANADA AFTER CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT RECEIPT. BUYER PAYS ALL SHIPPING COSTS.

Edited by runpuddrun 2008-05-08 5:56 PM

2008-05-08 10:56 PM
in reply to: #1391082

User image

Extreme Veteran
Overland Park, KS
Subject: RE: FS: 55cm Carbon Fiber Tri Bike

Here are the better pics, couldn't get them to work earlier...

Edited by runpuddrun 2008-05-08 11:01 PM
2008-05-12 12:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Overland Park, KS

Updated w/ new pics.

2008-05-21 7:56 AM
in reply to: #1396775

User image

Extreme Veteran
Overland Park, KS
2008-06-02 5:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Overland Park, KS

Changes made to bike...

Brand new Crankset - FSA Gossamer Mega Exo

Brand new brakes - Cervelo Mach 2

Brand new saddle - San Marco Cervelo stock tri saddle 

This is what it is now...

Shimano Ultegra 9 Speed:

• Frame - 55 cm Carbon TT Frame (approximately 350 miles). Durable Polyurethane Finish - Baked on to provide the utmost protection for the carbon.
  • Fork - Carbon Fork. Flat inner surface minimizes interference drag.
  • Seat Post - Carbon Aero Seatpost.
  • Rear Der - Shimano Ultegra 9 Speed
  • Front Der - Shimano Ultegra 9 Speed
  • Head Set - Edge 1 1/8ï
  • Brake Caliper - BRAND NEW Cervelo Mach 2
  • Brake Lever - Tektro Carbon Levers
  • Shifter Lever - Shimano Ultegra 9 Speed
  • Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 11-23 9 Speed
  • Chain - Shimano Dura-Ace 9 Speed - less than 500 miles
  • Cranks - BRAND NEW FSA Gossamer
  • Bottom Bracket -FSA Mega Exo
  • Base Bar/ Aero Bar - Blackwell Research Blackbird Proto 40 cm width Alloy Time Trail Base Bar
  • Wheels - Neuvation m28 aero's
  • Tires - CST Czar's
  • Saddle - BRAND NEW San Marco Cervelo stock saddle

I will update with pics if people want them.

I am willing to sell the bike w/ the 85 mm Edge Carbon Wheels for $2450.

Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: 55cm Carbon Fiber Tri Bike Rss Feed