General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from NY's Capital Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-13 5:40 PM

Subject: Newbie from NY's Capital

My boyfriend and I just started training for our first triathlon, so far so good! We have been working on endurance and just maintaining our heart rates for long periods of time and we feel great! I have also motivated two of my friends to start training

Just wanted to say hi!

2008-05-13 7:36 PM
in reply to: #1400563

Expert
Fort Bragg
Subject: RE: Newbie from NY's Capital
Welcome to BT. There's a good bunch up in the Capital Region. My in-laws live up there and I love running in that park just north of I-90 on the Hudson!
2008-05-13 8:51 PM

Capital Region in the hizzy! Where we understand that "upstate NY" does NOT mean Westchester County  I grew up in the Albany/Saratoga area - parents still live there, though I left when I went to college. What triathlon are you planning on doing? I'm interested in doing one up there some time, though probably not this season, so my parents can come watch a race - I'm 7 hours away in DC.
2008-05-14 2:17 PM

Welcome to the world of tri's.  I live in Voorheesville and work in Albany.  I have been doing tris for 7 years and love it and I am presently training for the Musselman Half Ironman in Geneva, NY.  Check out the Capital District Triathlon Club.  I have been a member for a few years and love the mid week tri practice at Crystal Lake.  Enjoy!
2008-05-14 2:55 PM

User image

Regular
Saratoga Springs, NY
Welcome, always good to see fellow upstate NY'ers!  I've just recently started myself and I've been pleasantly surprised by the size of the Capital Region triathlon community.  Depending on where you live/train, you might want to check out the Capital District Tri club.  If you're in the north country, there is the Saratoga and Adirondack Tri club.
2008-05-14 3:03 PM
in reply to: #1400939

User image

Regular
Saratoga Springs, NY

wurkit_gurl - 2008-05-13 9:51 PM Capital Region in the hizzy! Where we understand that "upstate NY" does NOT mean Westchester County  I grew up in the Albany/Saratoga area - parents still live there, though I left when I went to college. What triathlon are you planning on doing? I'm interested in doing one up there some time, though probably not this season, so my parents can come watch a race - I'm 7 hours away in DC.

Yes I cringe whenever I hear New Paltz or North Salem referred to as "Upstate" :-

I'm still looking for my first triathlon and the one I'm considering (provided it hasn't already booked up) is: http://www.cdymca.org/events/pinebushtri/

Based on your stats though, I'm guessing you would be looking for something more challenging.  I've heard this is more competitive but again, I only researched it to the point where I realized I would never be prepared for it in time. http://www.adktri.org/lakegeorgetri.html

2008-05-14 3:11 PM
in reply to: #1402689

r.maloney - 2008-05-14 4:03 PM

wurkit_gurl - 2008-05-13 9:51 PM Capital Region in the hizzy! Where we understand that "upstate NY" does NOT mean Westchester County  I grew up in the Albany/Saratoga area - parents still live there, though I left when I went to college. What triathlon are you planning on doing? I'm interested in doing one up there some time, though probably not this season, so my parents can come watch a race - I'm 7 hours away in DC.

Yes I cringe whenever I hear New Paltz or North Salem referred to as "Upstate" :-

I'm still looking for my first triathlon and the one I'm considering (provided it hasn't already booked up) is: http://www.cdymca.org/events/pinebushtri/

Based on your stats though, I'm guessing you would be looking for something more challenging.  I've heard this is more competitive but again, I only researched it to the point where I realized I would never be prepared for it in time. http://www.adktri.org/lakegeorgetri.html

Haha...my stats are deceiving - my evil plan is working  Seriously, I'm not really that good Actually, I am definitely considering the Lake George tri for next year - this year, it's a week after my first Oly. Probably not a good idea to do two Olys in a row But that looks like a fun race since Lake George is BEAUTIFUL - we used to go there a lot when I was a kid and I was in the wedding of a friend a couple of years ago up there at the Sagamore. Since the area is rather hilly, I think next year would be the perfect time to attempt it. But it was the only one I'd found previously, in the area of the parental units. Good to know there are others. Will have to plan next year accordingly.

2008-05-14 6:27 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Hail from Rensselaer county myself...mom and some of the sibs are still there.  Look west too, Ithaca area has some fantastic races but a bit challenging...
2008-05-14 9:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Frontenac , Kansas
And an HARDY Hello from the midwest. Welcome to BT!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from NY's Capital Rss Feed