General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Multisport Club Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-21 2:04 PM

User image

Expert
Muncie, IN
Subject: New Multisport Club
Please see the details below but I'm proud to announce the formation of the ECI Endurance Club! ECI stands for East Central Indiana and we are based in Muncie. Right now we are organizing our structure and hoping to recruit new members throughout ECI. Please read the information below and email me at [email protected] to be included on the email list.

Welcome to Team Torture!

We have a multisport club! The name of our club is ECI Endurance and here is a quick rundown of what we discussed at the organizational meeting:

1. We voted on the name which is ECI Endurance. It was a close vote but ECI Endurance won by 1 vote over ECI Multisport.

2. A bank account will be established for the club in the near future(Maybe Steve K and/or myself will head this up since we work at MFSB???).

3. Club dues will be $25 however we have decided to table collecting dues until the end of the year since we are almost half way into 2008. Plus this will give us time to get more organized and structure the club and recruit more members!

4. USAT – We will affiliate with USAT and purchase the general liability insurance however not until the end of the year when dues are collected. We don’t want to collect dues now to cover this and then have to collect again in December so this is another primary reason why we are waiting to collect dues.

5. Shirts – we will be doing a technical type shirt pretty quickly and once we get the details on that we will pass them along.

6. Sponsorship – We will be seeking sponsorship from companies and research has started in getting a sponsorship packet to present to prospective companies.

7. We will also look to promoting our club at the Endurathon expo and race. We will be contacting the race director to see if we can put a flyer in the goodie bags. Also, we should be able to have flyers in the Aerocat booth or possibly have a small space donated to us for a booth.

Again, this was just a quick note of what we discussed. Thanks for everyone’s input! There will be more to come very soon!

John M.

2008-05-24 8:37 AM
in reply to: #1416829

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lapel
Subject: RE: New Multisport Club
excellent. Muncie's my hometown so I'm always excited to see something Positive come about.
I look forward to hearing/seeing more about the club as it becomes ready for new members.

Thanks for the info
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Multisport Club Rss Feed