General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Grey vs Red cleats for Look Keo Pedals? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-23 8:53 AM

Subject: Grey vs Red cleats for Look Keo Pedals?
I have the grey cleats for my Look Keo pedals, which are what came with the pedals when I bought them. I need a new pair of cleats as the left one has gotten rather worn (I always unclip with my left and when I was first learning, I'd touch down a few times before stopping completely and sometimes I still have to). But I can't seem to find the grey ones anywhere. I'd order them, but I'm going riding this weekend, so they won't be here in time. I will check the LBS, but in case they do not have them, I may have to get the red ones. Is there is a noticeable difference in the two? According to the package, the grey has 4.5 degrees of float and the red has 9. I don't like a whole ton of float - could I just compensate by adjusting the tension on the pedal?? Or won't it be that different in the first place?

2008-05-23 10:08 AM
in reply to: #1421013

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Subject: RE: Grey vs Red cleats for Look Keo Pedals?
They're indeed different. I too prefer grey. Tension is release tension and has nothing to do with range of float. That's all in the cleat. 9 isn't bad, just different. Unless you're a power hammer / sprinter type, you'll probably be OK.
2008-05-23 5:40 PM
in reply to: #1421013

User image

Boise, ID
Subject: RE: Grey vs Red cleats for Look Keo Pedals?

Yep, 

Red cleats are for longer distances in my opinion, keeps the foot more relaxed with more ample room for movement, whereas the Grey's keep it tighter for the hammering short courses.  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Grey vs Red cleats for Look Keo Pedals? Rss Feed