General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aerospoke Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-26 7:00 PM

User image

Expert
Alexandria, NH
Subject: Aerospoke

Here's my take on my Aerospoke wheels. 

Ordering- Started on April 7th actually got them on May 24th.  

I get them slap on the cassette, insert the skewers and mount the tires pretty quick.  Now I'm ready to ride.  

First Ride 40k+ Oly course which has about 1500' of climbing.  I began my ride and enjoyed the cadence because the clicking is enough to make you nuts.  It's pretty loud when you are used to very quiet wheels.  First turn to the Lake and I realize it's really windy.  The wind grabs these wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more than traditional wheels so pay attention to crosswinds with these.  The wheels feel faster through the rollers.  The hill climbs were nice and I think the stiffness played well into that.  I finished my ride and felt good.  

Bottom line- these wheels saved me 9 minutes over 40k.  They must be faster than I thought.  

Positives- They look cool and are definitely BOMB PROOF.  I would take them off road and not even blink.  They appear to be just as fast as the Bontrager Race X Lite Aero (that I can compare to).  

Negatives- The ordering process.  

I would buy them again but I'd have to set my expectations a little lower concerning the ordering process.  I think they are actually made by Ed Giroux.  Nicely packaged and I'm hoping to enjoy them for years to come.

2008-05-26 7:55 PM
in reply to: #1424926

User image

Master
Keller Tx
Subject: RE: Aerospoke
There are a few of us that have them, and like them for all the same reasons you said.  Trust me, you will get used to them in the wind.  What kind of clicking were you refering to?  The hub clicking when coasting?  Otherwise there shouldn't be any noise.
2008-05-26 11:46 PM

Veteran
CA
I would think pairing a front one with a disc cover in the rear would make for a great aero wheelset on a budget. I would pursue this, but I don't think they make new ones in 650c anymore.
2008-05-27 7:34 PM

User image

Expert
Alexandria, NH
Just the hub clicking but I had to do a derailer adjustment and it was driving me crazy.  The constant clicking made it hard to think :-).  I'm happy with the wheel choice.  
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aerospoke Rss Feed