General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Comprehensive Nutrition Consulting ??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-06-03 8:27 PM

User image

Denver
Subject: Comprehensive Nutrition Consulting ???

I was unsure if this should go here or the Nutrition forum, so oh well, I figured it was a toss-up?

Has anyone used these guys here in Dallas? Comprehensive Nutrition Consulting, http://www.nutriworkscnc.com/index.htm ? They are located here in Dallas and I was just wondering if anyone has used them with any success? I'm looking for a more in depth approach to my fueling and I think this would be a good start, problem is its a decent amount of $. Anyone know of these guys or tried them? Thanks for any info!

2008-06-03 8:42 PM
in reply to: #1443219

User image

Extreme Veteran
Plano,TX
Subject: RE: Comprehensive Nutrition Consulting ???
In short, yes and was very happy. Keep reading for more details.

My wife used her for some general dieting/weight loss last year. As well I used her to help firm up my race nutrition for my first HIM last year. She spent some good time with me talking about my goals, current work outs, current nutrition, current race nutrition, sweat rate, etc. She helped come up with a good breakfast shake (I don't like solids for racing) with good calories and nutritional balance as well as fueling during the race including the combination of how much water to gatorade to gu's etc.

I was plenty happy with what I got. I did tell her I was planning on coming and she had me do several things before coming. I tracked my food religiouslywithout changing the diet for about a month as well as gathered data for sweat rate calculations as well. This helped her get everything together quickly and knew exactly where she needed to focus her information/direction. If you tell her your plans to see her and such in advance she may have you do something similar. As well, get this done as soon as possible if you are planning a big fall race. You'll want plenty of warning to make adjustments she recommends and test out fueling during workouts to see if her suggestions help or not. She can then adjust based on your feedback and you'll want plenty of time to get this all sorted out.

Sorry for the book. Feel free to PM me or reply here if you want more info.

Tim
2008-06-04 10:05 AM
in reply to: #1443219

User image

Pro
Texas
Which plan are you looking at?
2008-06-04 11:34 AM
in reply to: #1444233

User image

Denver
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Comprehensive Nutrition Consulting ??? Rss Feed