Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Embarassing moment Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-02-19 3:43 PM

User image

Expert
New Port Richey
Subject: Embarassing moment

Ok after I got done with my swim workout I went into the sauna to warm up. When I went to go leave I stood up but my hand was holding down my swim shorts. Well I heard a big rip. There was a big split in the side seam and the rear end seam. I had to walk out of the sauna past the hottie lifeguard check with my hand covering my butt.

Does any one else have any embarassing training or competition stories.

This also gave me a good chuckle. I took my sister in law with me to lap swim because she is training for the special olympics. There were two older gentleman that were wearing speedos. She asked me why they were wearing their underwear to go swimming. When I explained that those were swim suits usually worn by swimmers in competition she said someone needed to tell the guys that they should were trunks instead. Gotta love the kid she is brutally honest.

2004-02-19 4:02 PM
in reply to: #8281

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-02-19 4:34 PM

Master
Berkeley, CA
Subject: RE: Embarassing moment
kgart - 2004-02-19 11:43 AM

I had to walk out of the sauna past the hottie lifeguard check with my hand covering my butt.

Is this the same lifeguard that diverted your training the other day??!?

As to embarrassing... well. My schedule is pretty tight. I take a class at the local community college for swimming. What it amounts to is you get access to the pool, no instruction. I can save myself about 5 minutes if I change at work before I go to college.

Now I work in a very small office in the isolated wing of a monastery. (I am the CFO's assistant for the entire Province of the Franciscan Friars of the Western United States). I am always alone in my office for the final hour. I'm sure you probably know where this is going, but rather than waste time and transfer everything to the bathroom, I decided to change in my office. Closed the window shade to the inner court yard. But no one ever comes to our wing after 4 pm. Never. Or almost never. As I was changing behind the door, one of the brothers, a Br. James popped his head in to ask me a question. Yikes. Did I mention their vows of celibacy?? He didn't really see much, because I was just pulling up the swimsuit over important parts, but it was clear that I was in the middle of dressing. Ugh. So embarassed.

Never assume you are alone in a public place is my new credo!!

I hope Br. James recovers from the sight of my not-so-nubile swimclad body!! Do you think he had to go to confession and tell someone??!?

Dana
2004-02-19 4:45 PM

Expert
New Port Richey

Dana,

Lmao. I could just imagine the poor guy walking in. and yes same lifeguard. Just noticed I wrote check instead of chick.

2004-02-19 4:47 PM

Expert
New Port Richey
Lara- Been there done that. I just have to make sure I don't get anything stuck in the zipper.
2004-02-19 4:49 PM
in reply to: #8292

Master
Berkeley, CA
Glad it gave you an afternoon lift!!

Dana

2004-02-19 5:36 PM

Extreme Veteran
Boise Idaho

Well, my embarrassing moment is not tri related but embarrassing non the less! I work in the county jail as a deputy. When we start our shift we have to do a standing head count of all the inmates to make sure no one had escaped and that everyone is well. So, this particular day I was working in the Annex, (female housing unit) and had all 70 female inmates bunk up for count, then I went around to each bunk and they would give me their name and bunk number. I noticed that they were extra giggly that day for some reason but kept on with count. It was not until I made it back to the officer’s desk that I notice my fly was WIDE open. I don’t think there is a shade of red that would describe my face at that point. Jack.

2004-02-19 5:39 PM

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Never had that problem as I take off my swim suit before going into the sauna; it is far more liberating.
2004-02-19 5:42 PM
in reply to: #8312

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
I had a friend a few years ago who used to do that....probably still does. Freaked me out at first. Then I thought if I was ever that comfortable in my own skin I'd do the same thing. Ain't happening in THIS lifetime!

2004-02-19 9:08 PM

, Alabama

I have so many embarrassing moments (not necessarily tri-related) I wouldn't even know where to start!  I was in a tri last year (~3/4 IM distance) where the run consisted of 3 "loops" of a 10K course.  The transition area/finish line was in the center of this out-and-back course, so spectators could see us 6x and we passed in each direction.  Well, as I finished the first "loop", I somehow got misguided and found myself going down the finishing chute (right in front of bleachers full of spectators).  I was just before the finish line when I realized my course wasn't going to veer off anywhere and I was in the wrong place.  So I said something to the finish line volunteer, who told me to turn around and get back on the right course (added a good 30-40 yds to the 18.6 mile route!).  On my way back out of the chute area, I tripped on a fold in the carpet and went right down!  (still in front of the spectators!). 

Unfortunately, my most embarrassing moment can't be posted.  You'll just have to use your imaginations!

Sharon

2004-02-19 9:17 PM
in reply to: #8353

Resident Matriarch
Unfortunately, my most embarrassing moment can't be posted. You'll just have to use your imaginations!

Sharon

well now of course I want ALL the details! LOL

2004-02-19 10:26 PM

Expert
New Port Richey
         POST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2004-02-19 10:46 PM

Master
Kingston Ontario
I bought a polyester bathing suit once, after hearing that they last longer in the chlorine. Well no one told me that they are not as form fitting as nylon/spandex once you hit the water. I did a spectacular push off from the pool wall as the front of the suit gaped wide open...the pool was particularly busy that day and I am sure I put on a show for at least 5+ people. Needless to say, that was my shortest swim workout ever!!!
JB
2004-02-19 11:04 PM

, Alabama

Sorry Ellen and Kevin.  Ron might still be censoring me!.  Maybe if I ever figure out the album thing you can see the pix of it!!!!  (NOT!)

Sharon

2004-02-19 11:06 PM

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Thanks for the laughs!
2004-02-20 6:52 AM
in reply to: #8294

Veteran
Malvern PA

dhlundblad - 2004-02-19 7:49 PM Glad it gave you an afternoon lift!! Dana

much like the good brother...

on the embarrassing story front, ever body surf in the ocean and have the wave strip you naked?  happened to me one year at ocean city nj.  You never saw anyone move so fast to catch a bathing suit.

Edited by wrybosome 2004-02-20 6:54 AM

2004-02-20 10:40 AM

Master
Sonoma County, CA
oh my, these are too funny. glad to know i'm in good company.

this isn't tri-related either, but at least it's water related....
picture a 14-year-old girl, all teenage angst and insecurities about her developing body. Heads to the water slides for the day with her church group and who should be there but her secret crush of ALL TIME! She gets on the water slide, trying to look cool, calm, collected and available all at the same time. Down she goes head first until SPLASH, into the pool at the end. She's feeling good. She knows he's at the edge of the pool watching with his friends. She stands up in all her glory, brushing the hair from her face, water dripping from her...for a moment, it's like the scene from with Phoebe Cates from FAst Times (NOT!) Everyone seems to be watching her. Everywhere she looks she's getting smiles and stares from men, women, boys, girls. Hmmmm, her 14-year-old insecurities kick in once again, do I have a boooger hanging from my nose? She brushes her face, but all seems fine. All the while, there she stands, in the middle of the pool for all to see. The stares continue, it seems like a lifetime. Slowly realization dawns and as if in a slow-motion moment from a really bad action film she looks down to find......her bathing suit top had slipped down to about mid-chest leaving her....ahems....for *alllll* the world to see. Out of the corner of her eye she sees a girlfriend give her boyfriend an elbow in the ribs as he's staring at her with unabashed glee, a quirky smile playing on his lips......she's too embarrassed to look at her secret crush as the mortification washes over her in waves and she slowly pulls it back up with the "maybe if I move reallllllll slow, no one will have noticed my boobs were hanging out" motion.

ahhhhh, adolesence, so damn glad it's over.

Edited by crpadiem 2004-02-20 10:41 AM
2004-02-20 4:10 PM
in reply to: #8463

Resident Matriarch
that's pretty funny, and to show how well you've recovered you even have a nekkid avatar! How cool is that!

2004-02-27 10:04 PM

Veteran
Columbus, GA
My sister was in college and hadput on the jeans that she had on the night before just to go to class. when she got there, she felt something weird around her ankle and realized that her panties from the night before were in her pants leg. She didn't want to reach down and pull them out - how weird would that be? "What... her panties crawled off her body and she had to catch them?" So she decided to let them fall to the floor and kick them away hoping that noone would know they were hers!
2004-03-13 10:51 AM

Expert
New Mexico
Well...its a bike moment anyway. I was working bike patrol and went to hop a curve behind the local Wendy's. I raised the front wheel, but dropped it prior to hitting the curb and did a flip completely dismounting the bike and landing in a seated possession. It was bad enough that there was a long line at the drive-thru, but my partner had to give me hell about the beautiful woman in the convertable giggling and asking if I was alright.
2004-03-13 5:20 PM

Elite Veteran
Roscoe, IL.
My riding buddy Rick and I were on a Saturday afternoon ride many years ago. Our route took us through Hyde Park, N.Y. We were in traffic coming up to an intersection I was behind Rick. We were negotiating a left turn so I shoulder checked and as I did, Rick touched his brakes. Guess what, m front wheel caught is rear wheel and sent me to the pavement. The embarassing part was the intersection was a bus stop for the local all girls college. At the time there were at least a dozen or so atractive young women waiting for the bus. I told Rick it was a real assfault crash, my ass and his fault.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Embarassing moment Rss Feed