General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another newbie from Dallas area Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-20 11:26 AM

New user

Dallas/Fort Worth
Subject: Another newbie from Dallas area
First post....been lurking for a couple of days.

I used to ride 100+ miles a week recreationally both with a mtn bike and road bike (back in my 20s---I'm 39 now). Did a few long distance organized rides (on the MTN bike)....then had some back issues and didn't ride/train as much. I also did a bit of 'running/jogging' during that part of my life and sometimes had ankle problems. Hopefully those won't get in the way of my goals (or it's going to be biking and swimming only for me). We'll see how that goes...

Then got married....wife started mountain and recreation riding w/me....too busy at work.....one little lady addition....then another (they are now 1 & 2.5)....no time for staying in shape....you get the idea.....making the lifestyle change to get back into my 20s shape this year because I want to see my young ladies get married and see my grandkids (and in that order :-)).

Have always watched triathalons and major bike races (big fan) on the tube...loved the stories behind the competitors....not just the winners....it's time to go for one.....I'm now self employed....have a bit more time (well, sort of, married w/2 young ladies in diapers, self employed, yeah right).....

I want to first get under the clydesdale category with a lot of bike and swim training (before running). My goal is to do a few distance rides on the bike during the year (I now have a nice bike for road riding), lots of swim training mixed in, start the running regimen mid year, and get myself registered and finish a sprint length tri by the end of the year.

That's it for now.

Greetings!

Blair

2005-01-20 12:04 PM
in reply to: #106182

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Another newbie from Dallas area
welcome blair...your quite busy!  good luck tri training and hope that ankle stays in check.
2005-01-20 12:51 PM

User image

Keller Texas
Welcome to BT. It is always nice to meet another Texas. Sounds like you have a good plan. I started training last year. It is a lot of fun if you stick with it and just take it one week at a time.

Good luck getting below clydesdale.

Steve
2005-01-20 1:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Good Luck with your goals.. It looks like Time Management is the key for you..

I did a tri in Las Colinas.  I think the site has changed from time I did it.  It has to do with Dave Scott Tri or something like it.

I was born and raised in the Arlington, Texas

2005-01-20 2:32 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome!  good luck with your time constraints and with tri training!
2005-01-21 10:20 AM

User image

Veteran
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome indeed! I'm living in Plano...though I love spending time at Billy Bobs!

I'm up in NYC this week for work and I miss Texas already! I went to do a run today and it's 6 degrees here and planning for 8-10 inches of snow...hope I make it back Sunday.

• ..and it's 75 in Dallas today...

• Good Luck Blair! and if you still want to cycle more...you should do the Red River Challenge in May. It's only cycling...but a fun ride!

New Thread
    General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another newbie from Dallas area Rss Feed