Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-08-05 10:11 AM
in reply to: #1502186

User image

Expert
A Husker stuck in VA
Subject: RE: Sprint Distance TRI on Navy base
Loved the race, even as bad as I did. I will definately be in it next year.

I have to say I am glad everyone else had a good time. I am going to pass on a lessons learned to Christina (by request) and ask all that attended to let me know what you liked/disliked/needs to be changed or added, so I can pass on a full list. I see her daily at the gym (right behind the building I work in) so I can explain things w/o hurting feelings.

I am trying to make next year even better so let me know. Need input from first timers as much as veteran triathlete's!

Scott

2008-08-05 12:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Warwick, Rhode Island
Clydesdales!
2008-08-05 12:41 PM

This was my first triathlon, so I can't compare it to other tris, but comparing it to all the road races I've done, I was very impressed with the overall organization and the level of support on the course. Everything seemed to run very smoothly, and all the volunteers I dealt with were very helpful. And since there weren't really any spectators to speak of on the run course, it was great to have all the volunteers cheering us on - they were very enthusiastic!  Only issues I saw were that transition got a little crowded, and the white buoys in the water were really tough to see.  Very nice spot for a race, though, and I'm really happy that I made this my first tri - it was a really fun experience, and I am definitely hooked on this sport now!  

2008-08-05 2:06 PM

User image

Elite
Connecticut
x 2 on the Clyde's/Athena division!  I'll state the obvious in the lack of port-a-potties!  The bouy's too!  I would have liked to seen a bike mount/dismount line too.  No one seemed to tell me where to dismount, only to slow down.  Could have just been me too!  Other than that, I don't think there is anything else I'd change!  Love the shirts too by the way.  It'll come in handy in the fall!
2008-08-07 12:24 PM

Providence, RI
I enjoyed my race on the Base as well. It was extremely well run for a 1st year event. My only gripes are listed below:

- Late Arrival of Portopotties, and their position at the finish line (also next to the awards?)
- VERY tight U-Turns on the bike course
- And, in conjunction, cars parked right at the exits of the U-Turns...
- Water stop at the run Turn-around was way off the "racing line."

On a personal note, I was one of the first 100 to sign up, but didn't get a T-shirts, socks, etc... Kind of disappointed. It was also my first Triathlon, though I've been racing Du's for many years. I'm very happy to have competed at this event. If I stick with the swim, I would be more than happy to return. Hopefully it could be USAT sanctioned in the future. Congrats to all the other first-timers!

BEN

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sprint Distance TRI on Navy base Rss Feed  

of 2