General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First pool swim in years Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-11 7:32 AM

Regular
Subject: First pool swim in years

Man, am I out of shape. Laughing

I took the family to the local pool last Sunday.  During adult swim I left the four year old with my wife and went to "knock out some laps".  The lanes are only 25m.  I made the first leg ok, trying some of the techniques I've read about here.  At the turn-around I paused to eye the two teen girls hanging on the  end of the pool having a yap session to make sure they weren't going to suddenly realize that the pool is for *swimming* and jump into the lane.  Halfway back and I'm hurting.

Good thing my first tri is a little over a year away.  It will make a nice story after I complete my first sprint, "yeah, last year I couldn't even complete a lap in the pool". Smile

Something I noticed.  I never had trouble with water up my nose before.  A couple of years ago (when I went for my UPPP for apnea) the doc told me that I had a "severely deviated septum" so he did a septoplasty at the same time.  On this swim I had a devil of a time keeping water out of my nose. It might have also had something to do with the fact that I was trying to keep my head down as described here.  I just couldn't seem to exhale hard enough to keep the water out.

2008-07-11 7:41 AM
in reply to: #1522182

User image

Master
Alpharetta, GA
Subject: RE: First pool swim in years
ha ha ha

I know the feeling. My first swim back I was 75m in, and thought I might die before I got to 100m. It is not funny, but when you are kicking out 2K, 3K, or 4K meters in the pool and look back, it will be funny.

Congrats on starting back!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First pool swim in years Rss Feed