General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Posterior Tibialis Tendon surgery pics Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-12 12:22 AM

User image

Veteran
Jacksonville, Florida
Subject: Posterior Tibialis Tendon surgery pics

It's been a while since I have used this site but I wanted to share some pics with you.  Posterior tibialis reconstruction. Started out as tendonitis from running a 10k. Got worse and finally ruptured.

BTW, is there a hyperlink feature for linking other  addresses? Thanks.

Edited by war damn tri 2008-07-12 12:25 AM

2008-07-14 3:53 PM
in reply to: #1524314

User image

Baytown, TX
Subject: RE: Posterior Tibialis Tendon surgery pics
I completely feel you pain. I had the same thing in 2007. Trained for my first sprint (poorly at that) in August 2006. I did finish by the way. Pain throughout fall and winter. Spent forever in the boot trying to get the tear to heal.

I had the surgery in January 2007. Dr. didn't put me in a cast just told me to not put a toe on the floor. Well, my clutzy self fell crutching into the house and undid the surgery and then some. Fractured a bone, tore the tendon in a second place and had to have the tendon screwed back in place. My second surgery was one month to the day of the first. Oh, I got a cast on the second time. (on which I got George Strait's autograph - yes, I kept it)

I recovered (although still not 100%) and was on a dual sport trip in Colorado the following September.

Best of luck, be a patient patient. I wasn't too good at that one. Go to PT as soon as you get your cast off and Dr. will write a prescription.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Posterior Tibialis Tendon surgery pics Rss Feed