General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving back....need tri club Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-12 1:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Douglas County
Subject: Moving back....need tri club

Hi guys--

I'm moving back to Colorado after a three year absence.  In that time, I've discovered triathlon and I've been training with an all-women's team out here in Southern California.  I'm moving over Labor Day, and I desperately want to have a group I can join so I don't lose my current fitness level and can meet new people.

I've done the back search and seen that there's a Parker Tri Club, Highlands Ranch Tri club, Bike Source Multisport, and Rocky Mtn Tri, in addition to some group called CWW.  Any recommendations?  I'll be in the south metro area (probably closer to Lincoln & I-25), and will be retaining my current coach.  I just want a group of younger professionals (my 20-something sisters will be newbies joining me, and I would love for them to be able to make some friends) who do group rides, swims, and track workouts.  I'd say I'm intermediate-ish.....prefer the sprint and Oly distances, but would love to try a Half next year.  Consistent top 10 in my age group, but will probably get smoked in Colorado.    Any suggestions on which club might be the best fit?

I'm excited about the move back but petrified that if I don't find another group like the one I'm in, I'll lose my new hobby.  Thanks in advance for your help.

2008-07-13 7:48 AM
in reply to: #1524948

User image

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO
Subject: RE: Moving back....need tri club

There are a few people here who belong to the Parker club.  Myself, I am a member of Bikesport Multisport.  Once you belong, you get discounts at the store and the right to use the OWS pond at Chatfield.  The club has about 150-175 members, but only about 50 are really active.  If your interested in an all woman club, check out CWW. 

Also, a new club formed by our very own, Juliapurr, is called Tribal Training, and is based in Evergreen.  You can check out the information on her blog.

Good luck in your decision and welcome back!

2008-07-14 2:04 AM
in reply to: #1525550

User image

Master
Denver

I'm in Parker Tri Club, and it is growing rapidly in it's second year. We are about 100 members at this point. We have a number of sponsors, and discounts on massage, bike parts, Rudy Project and other useful stuff.

There is a women's group, and there are some very speedy women in the club. One of my friends placed 2nd in her AG at Florida 70.3 (her first 70.3 race!)and qualified for the 70.3 Championship

Edited by Z-dog 2008-07-14 2:05 AM
2008-07-14 10:52 AM
in reply to: #1526788

User image

Veteran
Douglas County

Thanks for the suggestions....  I contacted Parker Tri, so hopefully I'll be ready to jump right in when I get there after Labor Day.  (Is it asinine to think I could do the Crescent Moon Sprint on the 20th of September given the altitude adjustment?  I did the Danskin Denver swim in a relay last month and coughed for days afterwards....)

2008-07-15 12:59 PM
in reply to: #1524948

User image

Veteran
Colorado Springs, CO
Welcome back! My first tri ever was after being in Colorado a week. I thought I was going to drown in the swim and I did horribly on the run, but I finished! It is definitely doable, but it may not feel too good, hehe. I say do it =). I forgot to mention that I will see you there at the Crescent Moon Sprint if you do go!

Edited by Max_O 2008-07-15 12:59 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving back....need tri club Rss Feed