General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri-bike purchase questions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-19 1:06 PM

User image

Davenport, IA
Subject: Tri-bike purchase questions

Ok, so I've decided to start looking at tri-bikes. LBS sells Cervelo. Went and checked them out this morning. They've got a P2C in my size (58 cm felt better than 61 which surprised me since I am 6'4" ). I went to look at P2C Ultegra, but they don't have any of those in my size. They do have two DA bikes, though. One is an '06, the other is still in the box, so maybe an '08? Don't really know. They said they'd sell it to me for $2900, still more than I had planned on spending, but these guys are basically the only lbs who sells anything but Trek, and they do really good service work. So, back to the story, 2900 sounds like a good deal when list was $3600, but list for a new '08 is $3000. I can't believe that Cervelo has downgraded $600 of components off the new bikes, did they just lower the price for price-point? Is it worth the money, or would I be better off going to Cedar Rapids or Chicago (neither of which is all that far) and looking for another bike closer to what I had planned on spending. I know the shop in CR has a QRoo Seduza in size L (which I would assume will be my size) and I know of a place in the Chi suburbs that would have Cervelo or Kuota. I had really hoped to look at a Felt B12 but can't find one in my size around here.

Thanks

Edited by Sprint_DA 2008-07-19 1:14 PM

2008-07-19 4:58 PM
in reply to: #1542057

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-07-19 5:10 PM
in reply to: #1542057

Master
Chicago
Subject: RE: Tri-bike purchase questions

I would highly recommend getting a fit done and then picking out the bike based on that.  When I bought my Tri Bike I had a professional fit done and then they recommended the best bike for me in my price range (Felt B12).  If you do decide to come to Chicago I had my fit done at Get A Grip.  I know several other people who have had theirs done their and have been extremely happy with the service.

2008-07-19 5:36 PM
in reply to: #1542259

Davenport, IA
Subject: RE: Tri-bike purchase questions
mattb1 - 2008-07-19 5:10 PM

I would highly recommend getting a fit done and then picking out the bike based on that. When I bought my Tri Bike I had a professional fit done and then they recommended the best bike for me in my price range (Felt B12). If you do decide to come to Chicago I had my fit done at Get A Grip. I know several other people who have had theirs done their and have been extremely happy with the service.

Thanks, that's the kind of place I've been looking for. I'll have to schedule some time with them. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri-bike purchase questions Rss Feed