General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Looking for a bike trailer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2005-01-29 6:16 PM

User image

Elite Veteran
chicago area
Subject: Looking for a bike trailer
I've got a 6 month old I'd like to take for some rides with my MTB. Anyone have a used bike trailer?

2005-01-30 7:14 PM
in reply to: #110127

Subject: RE: Looking for a bike trailer
I have a burley that I am using at the moment that I like real well but it's not to well suited for a six-month old. I'd be careful about putting a kid that young in a pull behind. They aren't very well cushioned and it would probably bounce him/her around alot. I know my daughter didn't like the burley until just recently (she is 3), but we live on a pretty bumpy non-paved road. I know that didn't really help you any and maybe others have had different experiences with them but I say wait another year before you try using a pull behind.
2005-01-31 5:38 PM

Veteran
Subject: Shopko 19.99
I was just looking at a bike trailer today that a local store is selling for 19.99 on clearance. They are brand new originally 119.00 maybe a little more. I do not think the trailers are recommended for children under 1yr though? It is strictly a bike trailer though and can not be converted to a stroller. If you are interested let me know and I can pick one up and mail it to you or I could deliver sometime before June if you are in Chicago. Shopko is a local retail chain. The one's I saw on clearance are at their Fort Madison, IA location. Just let me know if you have any more questions.
2005-01-31 9:41 PM

User image

Elite Veteran
chicago area
Thanks for the replies. I didn't plan on using it until summer, which then he'll be about a year old. I'll probably check on ebay or something.
2005-02-07 10:56 PM
in reply to: #110898

New user

Hi there...I've got a yakima tot-rod that I use with my daughter, I'm looking to sell it if you're still looking.

Peter
2005-02-08 4:18 PM

User image

molto veloce mama
we have a burley d'lite and LOVE it. we're actually ordering a burley flatbed (basically a stripped down d'lite for carrying cargo instead of kids) so that we can be more car free during the spring/summer/fall. my daughter fiona was a bit over 6 months old when i started pulling her (and my 3 year old) in the burley. makes for some great resistance training. i already had a fleece support from the jogging stroller (http://www.kiddopotamus.com/prod_ii.html), so i used that to help make her more comfortable. she was already sitting on her own at that point.

here's what burley says about pulling wee ones: "The trailer seat is intended only for children old enough to wear a helmet and sit upright alone. Your child must have adequate neck strength to hold his or her head up while trailering. Check with your pediatrician if you are unsure about your child’s ability to sit upright and hold his or her head up."

Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Looking for a bike trailer Rss Feed