General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey from Central New York Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-30 11:17 AM

User image

Central New York
Subject: Hey from Central New York
I am a 31 year old guy with 21 year old ambition. Married, 2 kids(into multi-sports).

I started running last spring and entered my first 10K race in September. I finished middle of the pack with 53:22. Had a blast during the entire event. Only took 3 weeks off during holidays. I am planning on entering in 2 tri-sprints this summer to get my feet wet. I have 4 other run events to mix in as well. (Trying not to overkill my first real season).

Hardest part is trying to find training partners, since I live in a rural area. Think that I am doing ok for a solo trainer. I can only train 3 times a week during the winter. (2-run and 1 swim.) Once snow melts plan on getting a group together to do 5-10k runs after work. Currently trying to find a road bike to train in house. I am comfortable on a bike. Used to ride 6-10 miles a day, while in my late teens early 20's. Still ride during the summer, just have to get a road bike and get serious.

Look forward to learning from you all and hopefully competing in an event with you.

2005-01-30 12:03 PM
in reply to: #110288

User image

Philadelphia, south of New York and north of DC
Subject: RE: Hey from Central New York

Welcome Jason!

Where in Central New York?  I'm originally from Utica.  I was just thinking last night about running the Boilermaker again.

I think there are several folks around here from Syracuse.

- Don

2005-01-30 10:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Welcome to the site... it seems like you have enough background experience. I would check the training calendars to find training partners in your area.

lots of luck!
:0)
2005-01-31 12:28 PM
in reply to: #110297

User image

Central New York
Currently in the NewBerlin - Oneonta area. I am planning on running the Boilermaker this year. Just trying to have my employer do the corporate sponser thing. I think that I have about 5 runners from work that have or want to run it. Haven't done a 15k yet, but as most like to state"it's only 3 more miles".

Let me know if you decide to run it.

Thanks for the reply post.

-J
2005-02-05 9:16 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Welcome to the T-Spot!  Good luck with your training!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey from Central New York Rss Feed