General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Compression Shorts or Tights Recommendations? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-30 12:24 PM

User image

New user
Subject: Compression Shorts or Tights Recommendations?

I'm looking for a pair of compression shorts or tights for my long runs. The type intended to be worn alone (without shorts on top), featuring a pocket(s), etc.

Any recommendations? 

The problem is I sweat quite a bit and once my shorts are wet, they start clinging to my legs resulting in chafing and discomfort.  I have put up with this problem for a long time.  I'm not crazy about wearing JUST a pair of tights but I'm willing to try them.  AND if I'm going to be wearing something similar on race day, I better get comfortable now!

Almost every running brand makes them.  Can you recommend a good product?  I am looking at Pearl Izumi, CW-X, Zoot.

Thanks!

2008-07-30 1:23 PM
in reply to: #1570215

User image

Chicago
Subject: RE: Compression Shorts or Tights Recommendations?
Brands can be hit or miss, in terms of fit. Zoot's fit is good, but quite snug. I'd also recommend Adidas or Asics. I've had many chafing issues over the years, so I can relate. Tights were the way to go. It's nice to come back from a run with my skin intact and not irritated.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Compression Shorts or Tights Recommendations? Rss Feed