General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The Secret to Being Faster: Have a kid... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-31 12:13 PM

User image

Expert
New York
Subject: The Secret to Being Faster: Have a kid...
(I wasn't sure if this belonged in CoJ or Triathlon Talk, but the moderators can move if they want to!)

OK, so I'm getting my daily dose of mindless fluff gossip and came across this item on E! Online... Um, wha, really??

(Also, try to ignore the way Ted Casablanca writes, it's highly annoying).

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/awful/index.jsp?uuid=fbed0f98-25e4-4b...

There's Something in the Water

No, it’s not shark week that’s got my water wings in a twist, but rather some bizarro rumors I heard regarding Olympic athlete Dara Torres. Torres is an H'wood native who is a badass swimmer, fer sure, but was also famous for her looks and body that came along with her marvy accomplishments. However, D was supposedly troubled because although her bod was tight 'n’ muscular, it lacked flexibility—something crucial for a gold-medal hopeful.

Dara found herself in some controversy a couple of Olympics back when she came out of retirement, sending rumors swirling that it was because she took performance-enhancing drugs, even though she denied and tested negative. Well, my very reliable medical sources tell me it’s not illegal drugs that are giving D.T. her most recent comeback, but rather something much more maternal.

Word on the road to Beijing is that about three years ago Dara found her body to be overproducing androgen, which was resulting in her lack of flexibility. Torres, who wanted to compete in the 2008 Olympics, was really concerned, so she, I'm assured, went to meet with a fertility doctor to help her find a legal and Olympic-A-OK form of treatment. Well, Dee sure got more than she bargained for. Along with taking approved hormone drugs, her doc also mentioned that giving birth would loosen a woman’s ligaments for a couple of years. Cut to 2008.

The fertile swimmer has been dating doctor David Hoffman for a couple of years, and the two had a daughter together back in 2006. Dara dished to Women’s Health magazine in 2007 about how happy she is with her hunk ‘o man, who is smart and in "really good shape." How convenient Torres fell in love with an MD who shares her love of fitness right around the time she had her baby.

Now that D.T. is out of retirement again, she has already shaved time off her laps and is ready for her second comeback. How utterly fab all this procreation biz is so very performance enhancing!

=========

Um...? Having a baby will make me a better swimmer? Really?

2008-07-31 12:50 PM
in reply to: #1573036

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: The Secret to Being Faster: Have a kid...
My wife is pregnant, any hopes for me to get faster???
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The Secret to Being Faster: Have a kid... Rss Feed