General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Crossover Indorr cycle trainer/stationary bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-01 6:15 PM

User image

Subject: Ironman Crossover Indorr cycle trainer/stationary bike

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this model. ,,,, ah no not the girl on it in the video but the actual trainer it'self. I have an opportunity to pick one, well actually a few of them up for a very good price and was wondering if anyone has one or has heard anything good or bad about them.  Here is the link to the website.

http://www.ironmanfitness.com/product.php?id=crossover&cat=bikes 

Thanks!!!!!!

2008-08-05 9:02 PM
in reply to: #1577465

User image

Subject: RE: Ironman Crossover Indorr cycle trainer/stationary bike

Well I got a smoking deal on four of these. I have put one together for myself and will be selling the other 3. They are all brand new in the box. Ironman did a pretty good job on this for the triathlete who is (like me) afraid of cars or lives in an environment where riding outside isn't an option.
The things that have impressed me with this bike so far.  (with my limited experience and only one ride on it).
Very adjustable, all adjustments can be made to your exact specifications, you don't have to worry about this hole is too high, this one is too low.
The levers that you make the adjustments with have a ratchet feature in it so you can always keep the handle out of your way and not worry about catching you leg or whatever on it.
Very nice thick padded seat with a oval cut out, pretty comfy all in all.
Has the emergency stop handle,,, like it should and most do.
It even has a pair of cleats (mtn. bike style) and a replacement leather brake/friction pad.
Its easy to move around with the casters/wheels on the front. Pam aka VegasDiver has no trouble with it.
Very sturdy the bike weights about 130 pounds and is rock solid.
It has a solid 50 pound flywheel.
The water bottle they include is a pos, retail for $900.00 and they can't even included an IM branded water bottle WTF??? I guess if that's the only complaint I have so far that's not too bad.
Wish me luck that this will help mfa do about a 3 hr bike at Honu next June!!
or if you have any questions regarding this I should be an "expert" on this thing shortly.

Does anyone know if there is a rpm/cadence with some type of power meter you can put on something like this?  Thanks.

Edited by crusevegas 2008-08-05 9:08 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Crossover Indorr cycle trainer/stationary bike Rss Feed