General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri-N00bie Abbotsford BC... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-04 4:19 PM

User image

Abbotsford
Subject: Tri-N00bie Abbotsford BC...

Hey all,

Just finally commited to my first tri! I am doing the Harrison Mills "My First Tri" this weekend. Hopefully it will be ok. The word out there is that it isn't very well run. Hopefully this isn't the case but I am excited none the less.

I began getting my lazy butt (and I mean massive Ghetto bootie!!) back into shape in January. I started by jogging 5km every lunch hour. Back it up further and I have to say the reason I want to do it is because of my kids. I have a two year old daughter and a nine month old son. When we were playing together over the Christmas break I was so exhausted and even threw out my back after only playing around with the kids for 45 mins!! Not good...

Ever since then I have been pounding the pavement and working on the bike to get into my first tri! I have been commuting to work (Abbotsford to Chilliwack) five days a week (one way only!!) and still running twice a week. Just started to get the swimming rolling....yikes. Hopefully I don't sink like a rock.

I'm doing it for my kids, I am an older dad (can you say...hey kids is that you're Grandpa who came to your grad???) and I want to be able to play with and teach my kids healthy lifestyles.

Enough said, this is a great site and a great tool. I hope to get more involved next year as the season seems to be wrapping up for this year.

Talk to you later.

Best regards,

Gary

2008-08-04 4:49 PM
in reply to: #1581116

User image

Master
Chilliwack, BC
Subject: RE: Tri-N00bie Abbotsford BC...

Welcome.

Check out the bc thread.

Good reasons all to get involved.

I am just rebuilding now so if you ever wanna get out just pm or whatever.

Check out: www.chilliwacktriclub.ca

2008-08-11 4:32 PM
in reply to: #1581116

User image

Master
Des Moines, Iowa
Subject: RE: Tri-N00bie Abbotsford BC...
Welcome to BT!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri-N00bie Abbotsford BC... Rss Feed