General Discussion Triathlon Talk » General HIM Lodging Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-16 6:36 PM

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Subject: General HIM Lodging Question

So, never too early for my obsessive compulsiveness to kick in as I mentally / literally prepare for my first ever HIM of Boise.

The lodging selections seem legion, and one, in particular was to my standards BUT also quoted to be at the race finish.

Now given that I'm an avowed BOPer and it'll probably take me minimum 7 hrs to complete, (and given the 2 p.m start it will be dark when I finish) will it be welcome relief that my hotel is inches away from my total collapse or annoying that there's so much congestion? (Ha, prolly not so much, huh?)

Just looking for observations of the experienced : )

2008-08-16 9:05 PM
in reply to: #1608145

User image

Master
Canton, Michigan
Subject: RE: General HIM Lodging Question
I don't have actual experience as of yet. But the wife and I are planning on renting a house/condo near the finish of Beach 2 Battleship full iron next year, so all we have to do afterwards is get on the water taxi, walk a block and be in are humble rental abode.

The thought of not loading a car up and driving to another location is one of the big selling points for us. The wife will use the truck to hit T1 and parts of the course then park it and take the taxi (which is free on race day) and be at the end for me. If the price isn't to bad I'd say do it.

Of course were planning on staying a week in Wilmington and want to spend some time in town after the race at historical spots, not to mention the restaurants and bars

After doing Steelhead as the run relay guy, I didn't really care for the 1+ mile walk afterwards to get back to the truck. After Muncie HIM I was real happy that the truck was a mere 200 yards from the transition area and if there was a hotel that close in Muncie I would've paid to have that convenience.
2008-08-17 6:32 PM
in reply to: #1608319

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Subject: RE: General HIM Lodging Question

Tnx, Rottie for the input.  I think that will seal my choice, both for hubster support and relief at the end.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't change the finish and they'll stick with last year's set up!

I'm totally freaked out about finishing in the dark, but kinda psyched about knowing I can get a good night's sleep with a later start time.  All gonna be very weird.  :-)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » General HIM Lodging Question Rss Feed