General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Way NE corner of CA Anyone near me ? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-16 7:34 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Subject: Way NE corner of CA Anyone near me ?
I doubt it, but ya never know. Does anyone live way NE in CA or SE in Or. Like east of Redding North of Susanville? Just curious since I do all my workouts alone and well, in this 100 F would be nice to have a spot to fill up the water bottle or say hias. Or even ride together. Again I know I'm fishing in shallow water.

2008-08-17 12:47 PM
in reply to: #1608217

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal
Subject: RE: Way NE corner of CA Anyone near me ?

I remember very little of my travels through NE California about twenty years ago, other than the red light of a CHP cruiser way behind me as I did 115 mph on my motorcyle most of the way across Alturas County.  I think I surprised him by pulling over, because he let me off with 65 in a 55, which was only a $35 ticket.

Susanville is a neat little town there.  I also remember passing through the metropolis of Adin on a couple occasions.

2008-08-18 10:03 AM
in reply to: #1608217

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Subject: RE: Way NE corner of CA Anyone near me ?
Ya we are in the land of no indoor pools for 100+ miles in any direction (same for bike shops, etc.). Heck there isn't even a McDonalds for 100 miles or a stoplight with all 3 colors.

People up here exercize so infrequently that the cows stampeed when I jog by because they have never seen a human run before.

People have stopped pulling over on my runs to ask where my car broke down. It is really funny though when they pass me going in to town, shop for an hour or so and come home to see me still running and just shake their heads.

You know you are getting in shape when you say to your dog "want to go for a run" and he runs to hide under your wife's chair and shakes visibly. Or you take him on a really short run like 4.5 miles and folks pull over and say "is that your dog back there" and I look back and say oh cool he hasn't given up yet.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Way NE corner of CA Anyone near me ? Rss Feed