General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tired Of Lurking Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-17 2:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Tired Of Lurking

Guys,

I have been active on this site for about a year now and really appreciate all the help everyone has provided to me.  So instead of just lurking around, I thought I might try and be a bit more social.

I started training  in January of 2007.  Before that I had really gotten out of shape (no energy and weighed about 195).  Thanks to Tri-Training, I have more energy and feel better than I have in years.  I really think BT had a lot to do with that.

I am currently using the BT 20 Week-Beginner IM plan.  Most of my training to this point has been done alone.  Five hours on the bike this weekend got pretty lonely.

I live up in Gainesville and ride mostly in North Georgia (Dahlonega, Cleveland, Helen etc).  There are a couple of local bike rides but hardly any tri-training.

Would love to learn more about any North Atlanta tri clubs etc.

Thanks!

2008-08-17 5:16 PM
in reply to: #1608816

User image

Master
Winder, GA
Subject: RE: Tired Of Lurking

Well, I guess I'll be the first to respond! I've seen your avatar on here, that baby is adorable! Hope to see you be more sociable, we're a fun group. The only tri club I know that would be close to you is the North Atlanta Multisport Club that meets in Roswell/Alpharetta.

Good luck with your IM training!

Mindy

2008-08-17 5:35 PM

User image

Regular
Flowery Branch
Hey James

We're pretty close together as I live and train in Flowery Branch off Spout Springs Road. Maybe we can hook up at some point for a ride or run.
2008-08-17 7:09 PM

User image

Master

Hi James!  That is a beautiful baby.  : )  Glad you are de-lurking. 

Please do join in for any rides you feel like doing!  Doug usually does the Tues night ride in Roswell and I do the Thurs.

Which IM are you training for?

Steph

2008-08-17 9:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for all of the quick responses.

DISCLAIMER:  The beautiful baby is only my nephew......He is something else.  I need to update the avatar....He is now 16 months old.  That kid went from crawling to running over night.  He loves the pool (especially peeing in it!) and thinks the lawn mower is a trycycle to ride.  He might be on the road to being a triathlete?

I would love start getting in on some group rides.  I think I hit some sort of a mental wall on the long ride this weekend....too much time to think out there by yourself.  If anyone likes quiet country roads in N. GA (White, Hall, Lumpkin, Habersham), I know most of them. 

I am signed up for the SC HIM and the Beach To Battleship 140.6 race this year.  I am thinking about doing a couple of Olympic races (Tugaloo) as well.   Anybody out there signed up for these races.

I raced the SC HIM last year and thought it was an incredible event.  I am a big fan of Set Up Events, but am a bit worried about the B2B race as it will be there first 140.6 race.   But on the other hand, this will be my first full distance race, so I won't know the difference!

\

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tired Of Lurking Rss Feed