General Discussion Triathlon Talk » T-rex feedback Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-18 8:50 PM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: T-rex feedback
Hi all, I am putting togeather a reply to the Running fit that they sent out to Volunteers asking for what could be done better next year.

I thought for a first year event it went fairly well.

So far the things I have (granted Transition centric as thats where I worked).

1) each wave should have their own color swim caps.

2) transition exit / entrance's needs to be moved to better balance (distance run with bike from each transition location).

3) Adding a late arrivers transition area with this being an afterwork tri I was amazed at the number of last minute or later attendees. We had bikes all over.

What do you all think of #'s on bike, so only participants can get bikes out of Transition area?

Any other feedback, I think I heard they need more water on the run? Anything else?

2008-08-18 9:37 PM
in reply to: #1612076

User image

Carleton Michigan
Subject: RE: T-rex feedback
I thought they did a very good job for a first attempt.
Maybe they could break up the swim waves into a couple more groups, then maybe shorten the time between if they are concerned about about getting everyone in before it gets dark. I had a hard time getting clear to swim in my group.
2008-08-19 9:50 AM

User image

GB
Since this was my first tri, I have nothing to recommend. It was a blast. Loved it!!
2008-08-19 10:12 AM

User image

I thought Running Fit did a great job with the event.

A suggestion I would make would be to have brighter markings and an extra volunteer at the turn on the bike just after the railroad tracks after the turn around. It was a bit confusing and difficult to make the turn at speeds around 26mph. The volunteer was also on the opposite side of the road so it may be wise to move them to the side of the road where the turn actually is. Just my 2 c.

Other than that, the race was a hidden gem.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » T-rex feedback Rss Feed