General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bontrager Race X Lite Rear Cage Holder: your setup Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-19 1:23 AM

User image

Expert
Zürich, Switzerland
Subject: Bontrager Race X Lite Rear Cage Holder: your setup
If you use one of this, can you post what do you put in it please? A picture will be even better. I will use it for my IM and I see that I can not put 2x tubes in it.

2008-08-19 8:11 AM
in reply to: #1612665

User image

Pro
Vestavia Hills
Subject: RE: Bontrager Race X Lite Rear Cage Holder: your setup

Why two tubes ... and why FOUR CO2 cartridges?

For IMFL I used the Hydrotail with two cages, two CO2 cartridges, a chuck on an X-nut and tire levers fastened with electrical tape around the tube (which was stuffed inside the Hydrotail and under the seat) ... and it worked fine. 

If carrying an extra tube will help you sleep at night then consider keeping it in the box and throwing it in your singlet pocket? Alternatively you can electrical tape it to the side of the rear holder?

Designed with speed in mind, this carbon fiber cage holder mounts to your saddle rails for out-of-the-wind hydration storage. Holds two bottles, four CO2 cartridges, and has room to mount additional items such as a pump, tube, or seat bag. Adjustable angle makes finding the perfect set-up a snap.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bontrager Race X Lite Rear Cage Holder: your setup Rss Feed