General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sinus Irritated Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-19 8:24 AM

Veteran
Subject: Sinus Irritated
I think I have a sinus infection. I have not been able to breathe out of my nose without using nose spray for about 3 weeks now. I thought it may have been the chlorine because I was swimming 3 days per week. I only swam once last week, but it really does not seem to have gotten any better? I swam yesterday and my nose felt like it was completely plugged. Any one else have this problem, if so what did you do?

2008-08-19 9:45 AM
in reply to: #1612941

User image

Expert
Williamsburg, VA
Subject: RE: Sinus Irritated
I ended up having to get nose pluggs.  Everytime I'd swim, about 4 hours later I could not breathe. No matter what I did.  I tried nasal flushes after swimming, thought it was allergies and took benadryl,afrin, laid off swimming for 2 weeks and still the congestion.  Once I got the nose pluggs it stopped. Took a while to get used to them but since I've stated using them-no congestion!!
2008-08-19 11:11 AM
in reply to: #1612941

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mountain View, CA
Subject: RE: Sinus Irritated

I use a neti pot. The process is called sinus irrigation - basically you flush your sinuses out with a saline solution by pouring the solution in one nostril and letting it fall out the other, and vice versa. It sounds a little gross and is weird the first few times you do it but it's the only thing that's ever worked for my sinus issues, including chlorine-induced ones.

You can get a neti pot or some kind of irrigation system in any drugstore for pretty cheap - I use a Sinucleanse pot.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sinus Irritated Rss Feed