General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Louisville Ironman Preview Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-19 8:39 AM

New user

Subject: Louisville Ironman Preview

I just wanted to tell everyone of an hour long video podcast posted by simplystu that gives a nice overview and some helpful hints for Louisville Ironman. Also he includes the 2007 winner Heather Gollnick for extra tips.

Here is the link to his blog. SimplyStu Triathlon Podcast 

Also I wanted to use this thread for helpful tips people can give for not only Ironman racing but more specifically Ironman Louisville racing. This will be my first Ironman and I need all the help I can get. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their taper and hope to see you all there. 

-Mango

Remember to Tri the Mango 

2008-08-19 2:43 PM
in reply to: #1612985

User image

Veteran
Georgia
Subject: RE: Louisville Ironman Preview

Thanks, these video clips are great.

If you have not already done so, you might want to have a look in the Iron Distance forum.  There are a bunch of BT people doing IMKY and lots of info and discussions going on over there.

However, if you want to avoid some group-fueled anxiety (I am kidding guys) beyond your locus of control like bib numbers and the weather, then stay away.

As for tips, the best advice I have ever heard is this: don't eat the paste.  Here is a link and quote from the article: http://www.trifuel.com/training/triathlon-training/the-endurance-nation-four-keys-to-ironman-execution

Quote from the article: Don't eat the paste. Ironman in general, but especially the bike leg, is at best a special ed class: you only have to show up with your C game to be at the head of the class. If you find yourself doing the opposite of everyone else, you're doing the right thing. If Jimmy and everyone else is in the corner eating the paste, don't join them! Sit down, do what we're telling you, and don't eat the paste! Lots of people passing you in the first 40 miles? That's good, don't eat the paste. Going backwards through the field on a hill? That's good, don't eat the paste.

Good luck and enjoy every minute of it, even the bad ones.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Louisville Ironman Preview Rss Feed