Other Resources My Cup of Joe » An accident waiting to happen... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-02-27 2:47 PM

User image

Veteran
Lubbock, TX
Subject: An accident waiting to happen...
This morning I was dropping my son off at school like I always do. We are stopped at a "T" intersection waiting for a car to pass when I noticed that his windshield is frosted over and the wipers are running. After a second look I see that he has his driver window open with his head sticking out to see the road. He is effectively blinded on all corners because he neglected to wake up early enough to clean the ice/frost from all his windows. This is what amazed me next! He turns into the school to drop off his child! You have got to be kidding me! It is one thing to be stupid and endanger yourself. What I can't figure is why anyone would endanger their child like that as well. If stupidity would hurt, some people would be screaming from pain ALL DAY LONG.

Sorry for the rant. Please feel free to share other ridiculous driving adventures here.

2004-02-27 3:05 PM
in reply to: #9608

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-02-27 10:58 PM

, Alabama
Subject: RE: An waiting to happen...

As often as I see women drivers putting on makeup while driving down the road, here's something that really scared me.  Driving on the highway at ~75 mph the woman in the car next to me was leaning way up to her visor mirror to put on her mascara!  I don't do much in the way of makeup anyway, but besides being petrified to be driving in the car next to her, I'd be afraid I might poke myself in the eye doing that!

Sharon

2004-02-28 12:11 AM

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Subject: RE: An accident waiting to happen...
The thing that drives me insane is tailgaters!!
2004-02-28 8:07 AM

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Well as on of those guys that drives bigger trucks and plows for a living, my big pet peive is people who do not respect mass.When plowing people cut us off left an right. If they spin out there next trip will be in an ambulance that has to wait for the plow trucks to get the to the hospital. Whats the big hurry? I know many big rig drives drive like idiots, but most are just trying to make a living. Glad I only drive smaller trucks and only part of the time.

Edited by Ontherun 2004-02-28 8:08 AM
2004-03-01 8:11 AM
in reply to: #9703

Veteran
Malvern PA
People who pass me only to get stuck behind the car in front of me crack me up. My real peeve would have to be inconsiderate driving, for instance: driver does not know where he is going and has to go incredibly slow lest he miss his turn and have to do a u-turn and come back. Thanks jackass, I'm glad we all get to wait for you because your time is more valuable than ours.

2004-03-07 9:58 AM

Expert
New Mexico
School Zones. As a cop, I've set radar trailers where people can see their speed in big letters, and they continue to drive too fast and still want to fight their tickets. Nearly been hit while working school x-ing (usually by someone driving too fast and/ or talking on a cell phone)...better me than a child.

Oh yeah, and people with several drunk driving convictions (DWI here) who are still on the road.
2004-03-07 11:54 AM

Champion
Drivers that are following me on the interstate, speed up to hurriedly pass, pull immediately in front of me, and then dive off the road at the next exit 50 yards later. Now what in blazes did they gain from doing all that...2 seconds?? I really have no clue why this happens so much.
2004-03-07 12:12 PM

Master
Kingston Ontario
I still am amazed that there are so many accidents in the snow here. Yes, if there is a major storm, poor visibility or freezing rain there may be more, but the regular stuff is no big deal. It happens every year....why do people seem to forget how to drive in it?? And no one seems to get the concept that all you need to do is SLOW DOWN!!!!

The other thing is people who have their large dogs in the back of their pick up truck. Then when they drive too close to you when you are cycling, the dog lunges suddenly, barking and almost takes your head off. Not to mention scaring the living daylights out of you.
That's my rant for today!
Jen
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » An accident waiting to happen... Rss Feed