General Discussion Triathlon Talk » feet pain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-21 10:51 AM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: feet pain
After a inteval run workout a week ago, the balls of both feet hurt. Week later, still painfull. Did not run all week. Swim, no problem. Bike was uncomfortable. Shoes pretty new, but have worn some model for months. Any idea's before I make an appointment?

2008-08-21 12:42 PM
in reply to: #1618694

User image

Veteran
Santa Monica, CA
Subject: RE: feet pain

I had that for a long time too.  I thought it was from running or being too heavy.  Went to podiatrist and got an xray and it turned out it was a little tiny hairline crack of some sort.  The dr. made a little pad thing with a hole in it, which I wore with extra stiff, extra high-arch insert and it cleared up for the most part.  When it came back, he recommended one of those velcro strap boot casts, which I wore for a few weeks, and then I was ok.

That was about 2 yrs ago.  Now I'm starting to have that same pain again, so might pre-emptively wear the cast again.  By the way, it felt GREAT with the cast on...no pain.  So I know it was helping instantly.

Whatever it is, good luck! 

2008-08-21 3:22 PM
in reply to: #1618694

Extreme Veteran
Problem is that it's both feet, mostly the left. I guess it wasn't too good an idea to run intervals this morning because the left foot hurts like a bear (sorry bear). If I go to the podiatrist, he'll probably say rest it....so, I'll save some $ and rest it myself. Have a sprint 9/21......RATS
2008-08-21 11:25 PM
in reply to: #1619649

User image

Veteran
Santa Monica, CA

Mine both hurt too.  Just the left one more than the right.

Rggh.  I know where you're at tho...bills vs. finding out all you need is rest and ice.  I hate that!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » feet pain Rss Feed