General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Swimmer from South Carolina Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-21 1:12 PM

New user

Spartanburg, SC
Subject: New Swimmer from South Carolina
Hi Everyone!  My name is Jay and myself and two friends are deciding to do a sprint triathlon.  I had always wanted to do one as a swimmer in high school but I hated running because I was bad at it and I didn't have the motivation to become a better.   I also don't really know anything about cycling.  My friend came back from his summer job recently and said he wanted to do a triathlon and told me I should do it with him.  I immediately got fired up about it and now that I'm 22 and more disciplined I think it's a good time.  I'm starting the Olympic 3x Balanced plan even though we are only doing a sprint triathlon because I am in decent running shape now (mainly because of backpacking) and my swimming has always been fine.  I'm easing into the plan this week and starting it full force next week.

2008-08-21 7:59 PM
in reply to: #1619191

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: New Swimmer from South Carolina
Hi Jay,

Welcome to BT. Sounds fun to train and race with your buddies! When is your race? Good luck!
2008-08-21 9:26 PM

New user

Spartanburg, SC
not sure when my race is exactly.  i can't find any sites that list them that far ahead but i'm looking to do one in the early spring.
2008-08-21 9:50 PM

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Setup Events does some races in South Carolina and nearby states.
http://www.setupevents.com

Their races open for registration in January. I think they start listing the new dates as soon as the last race of the season is over, like in November. A few of them sell out very quickly, at least in the North Carolina series. In that case, the race description page will tell you that. So, if you pick a race that says "sells out quickly" be sure to log on at the exact time registration opens and sign up!

Well, good luck!

Edited by keyone 2008-08-21 9:50 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Swimmer from South Carolina Rss Feed