General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help with Giro 2 Advantage Helmet Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-21 8:25 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Help with Giro 2 Advantage Helmet
I have been using this helmet for 5 months and love it.  I've never dropped it or crashed with it.  On both sides of the ear flaps there is a small crack likely from use (the flaps bend whenever putting the helmet on).  Otherwise the helmet is in perfect shape.  Would this be considered a helmet not legal for an Ironman due to this?  (I am a total amateur BOP to MOP, and doubt any race official would notice, but what if?).  Can I use it and have it not be considered defective?  I don't see any point in returning it as it will likely happen to the next helmet as well. 

2008-08-22 7:46 AM
in reply to: #1620146

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: Help with Giro 2 Advantage Helmet

Since the ear flaps are basically just "taped" on I would not worry about it.  They are not used in any part of the actual head protection for the helmet, only as an aero attachment to make it smoother and flow better.

I know what you are saying about the flaps moving when you put it on.  I also worry a little they are going to snap off one day when I'm rushing through transition.

Don't worry about it.  They rarely check helmets and it is still perfectly usable and legal.  And it doesn't matter if you are BOP or FOP, use what you think will benefit you the most (within the rules of course).  It certainly isn't defective!

Enjoy your race!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help with Giro 2 Advantage Helmet Rss Feed