General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thank You Sharon1973 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-23 9:52 PM

User image

San Antonio
Subject: Thank You Sharon1973

Thanks Sharon1973 (and all the experts who participated) for initiating this thread:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=129455&posts=31&start=1

I have had the same concerns and am in almost your exact situation. After reading your questions and the answers concerning base building, I felt a great deal of relief. I still have lots of running base to build, as I've only been putting in about 12-15 miles per week myself and have been worried about getting faster due to my upcoming AF PT test in October.

Reading about training in a moderate pace and putting in lots of miles really helped ease my mind. Tonight I upped my daily run by the recommended 10% and had a GREAT time.

First of all, I didn't run any faster, but it felt lighter and easier. I felt strong. Second, it has been an overcast and rainy day, so it was quite cool outside. Third, I live in a nice neighborhood that extends into some more rural looking areas (even though it's in town). I enjoyed the trees, the nice homes, and most of all the deer. LOTS of deer...mommas and babies alover the place.

It was very nice. And I'm no longer worried about the 1.5 mile run on the PT test. I run more than twice that on a regular basis!

2008-08-24 9:41 AM
in reply to: #1623640

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northwest Louisiana
Subject: RE: Thank You Sharon1973

Kudos to you and hats off for gleaning the info that you needed, building the confidence (and the base) and having a good time doing it.

Good luck on your PT test, you'll do great. And thank YOU for a nice post, I appreciated it. Glad to know that it helped someone else.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thank You Sharon1973 Rss Feed