General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit to small-to big Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-24 2:21 PM

Subject: Wetsuit to small-to big
Hello, here is my question. I am 6'3, when I stared doing tri's this year I was 248lbs with large chest and shoulders..Ok and belly..Anyways, I bought a 2XU XXL full suit and it was so tight it was hard to breath when I would swim, so I had it altered and it fit great..However, now I am 214 lbs and plan on loosing another 6 to 8 lbs and as you may have guessed the suit is now pretty loose. I have my last race in October (HIM, first one, I am so stoked) So here is my question, should I sell it to someone that was in the same position I was and get a different suit or just use the one I have? Thoughts?

As a side note, this is my first time posting anything and I just wanted to thank everybody for there past comments/answers you all have helped with a lot questions, thanks...

(gonzo.gif)

Attachments
----------------
gonzo.gif (38KB - 42 downloads)

2008-09-05 1:56 PM
in reply to: #1624111

Veteran
Subject: RE: Wetsuit to small-to big
Who can alter a wetsuit? That sounds promising!
2008-09-05 2:49 PM
in reply to: #1624111

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

I quess I have a couple of questions that might help you ansure your own question.

Can 2XU alter your suit again? And if so in time for your 1/2 IM?

Is the suit as it is now causing you any trouble in form or causing any injury like major chafing? If you can live with the suit, I would probably stay with it for the next 6 weeks.

I do like the idea of selling the current wetsuit, but not until you have a suit that fits better in hand.

Also, if the water at your 1/2 is warm enough, and the extra speed in the water gained from the suit is not an issue, you could go without the suit if all else fails.

Good luck on your first 1/2 and congrats on finding a way to make your wetsuit no longer fit you in a good way.

2008-09-05 3:13 PM
in reply to: #1653510

User image

Master
Western MA near the VT & NH border on the CT river

I do like the idea of selling the current wetsuit, but not until you have a suit that fits better in hand.

FWIW, Im also 6'3, 205#'s and the F2R fits me perfectly.  Just my .02 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit to small-to big Rss Feed